Scorpion EXO-1000

zukigsxr1000

1000 is so damn heavy because of the novelty features in it, i tried this on, wore it for a few minutes, took it off and shoveled out 100 more for an arai helmet.

the flip down visor is worthless, its barely tinted, lighter than a "light tint" visor you would buy for another helmet, its not worth messing around with the switch, and it doesnt cover your entire line of site, it cuts off too short, and sticks out an inch from your eyes. the nike pump thing adds more weight, and is also useless, just buy a helmet that fits out of the box!

im glad i didnt buy it, it felt like it weighed twice as much as my arai!

I read that the EXO-400 was nearly as good as the EXO-700 at a lot lower pricetag. So I bought two on sale at pony... dunno. You'all want that flip down visor, don't you. BTW, dunno about the 700 and 1000, but the 400 is a polycarbonate, not fiberglass.

I have heard good things about the 700. The 1000 is very heavy and the pieces that hold the qick change visor on are cheap. I went into the pony and tried one on. I liked the way it felt. When I took off the visor and put it back on it was a pain in the ass. STG has Scorpion helmets on sale all the time. Check out a 700 for cheap. I looked on ebay and went to the wera boards. If you look around you can get a top of the line Arai or Shoe barely used for the same price as a new 700 and you will be happy you went with the better helmet I am.

Nick

amen, any arai helmet for that matter, SPTG has an awesome deal on rx'7s right now, as well as motosport.com

Yeah all the rx7 corsair are on sale because the new model came out or is coming out very soon...

I had a 400 but that damn thing was so heavy i couldnt believe the difference when i got my arai.

I've never ridden with a scorpion helmet but the people who own them tend to like them. However, there are features in the shoei and arai helmets I do suggest simply to extend the life of the helmet and provide much more comfort during longer rides. Fully removable liner allows you to wash it and replace it when the padding wears out, significantly lighter in weight to reduce strain on your neck, ventilation in multiple regions of the helmet that REALLY WORK, and a very quiet interior due to a well sealed visor.

I can't suggest any particular helmet because they all have different geometry to exactly fit your head. I just picked up an RX7 the other day and it produces a little pressure in my forehead vs my shoei X-11 that is a snug feeling all around (no forehead pressure). Arai provides different shape helmets as well if you look on the website. Both shoei and arai helmets can be found as low as $350 if you pick solid colors, but the quality is unmatched by several companies.

Before you make any opinions, I simply suggest trying some of these on. I'm not far from your place either so if you want to try either of these, I wear a large and I'll bring them by sometime.

Thats probably what i am gonna do, just go try a bunch of different helmet brands and see what i like.... I plan on doing some custom paint/airbrushing on it anyway so it doesnt matter what it looks like...

unfortunitly i have a fat head and wear an XL.... thanks anyways

I have a 700 as well i like it alot...i was shopping on a budget and i heard a lot of good things about scorpion helmets. i popped out the nose cover and it was perfect. Almost everyone ive talked too says the 1000 is too heavy...so dont pass off the 700 as the underdog.

I have a 1000 and its not bad at all... But I do have some complaints about it tho..

1) Everyone is right, it is a bit heavy at first, but after a bit its not too bad

2) The internal visor is nice, but it wasn't dark enough for me. So I got the dark smoke visor as well

3) Well I found out the hard way that the visor likes to fog up in the rain.. I complained and they sent me a new one, and since then I haven't been caught out in the rain..

Now for my B-Day I got myself a Shoei RF-1000 that I seem to like alot more, so the EXO is my backup helmet or for a passenger...