Zaino Z5 Pro

street pilot

Anyone use it? I understand it has "hiding" abilities for light swirls, should I take this comment as an exaggeration? Is it better to not hide and have them corrected?

The car in question has 500 miles on it, I hate to use an abrasive already. It's also a Subaru, who I understand is notorious for thin paint. Car is black, swirls can be seen under direct sunlight, also some light hazing (drying a non-clean finish?). I cant believe the shitty job the dealership has done washing it to this point. :o

I guess if the z5 doesn't do the trick I can always resort to an abrasive.

The old Z5 (yellow and thick) was better at hiding but only just...the new one (Pro, purple and smells like grape) does basically nothing to hide. I supose if you were to do about 10 coats it might start, but it's not really going to do the trick.

If done correctly using an abrasive will remove so little clear that you're not going to harm the life of the paint.

OR you could pick up a glaze and use one. They'll hide defects for a short period..but a coupel of washes later and you'll see everything again and have to re-do the glaze process. If you choose to go that route 3M Imperial hand glaze is what you want. PITA to work with but does the job you're looking for. I have some I'd sell you cheap if you want as I can't stand using it. Clearkote sells a couple that are suposed to be much easier to work with but you can't get them locally. With either glaze your're wasting your time with the Zaino as it won't bond well to the oils in the glaze and durability will suffer.

Andy