Omg Snow!

SpaceGhost

Maybe on the Drag Strip, but you'd be lucky if your F-Body would come close to out handling a Speed 3 or a Cobalt on the track unless she had room to run on the straights. Based on the stats, a Firehawk maybe could tie the sport compacts in terms of figures. Believe me, I had an S2000 and loved it. RWD is certainly fun and she was well balanced, but I don't miss her much any more.

I've done two 5 day courses at Bondurant. The first time we drove Neon SRT-4's, Cobra Mustangs and Vipers. The pro drivers had the Neon on the ass of the Cobra in the twisties.

In 2005 we drove Grand Prix GXP's....my last car, CTS-V's and C5 ZO6's. Again, the driver in the GXP about ran his nose up the CTS-V's ass on the course. The results actually made the decision for me to buy one and I loved it.

Many folks didn't believe the GXP could keep up, but even the mighty G35 Sedan had her nipping at her heals.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0506_front_rear_allwheel_drive/index.html

It all boils down to knowing how to push the car. The newer set-ups are nearly as good and honestly a heck of a lot of fun to drive. The GXP loved late, tight turns just as you hit the apex. It doesn't plow much at all due to the Fat Tires on the front but it was tough to rotate the ass. The Speed will understeer just slightly but her tail is much easier to kick out and with the power on tap and it's torque available, you don't even have to downshift to pull out of the turn.

fwd sucks period.

I'll prolly go something along the route of those when these Blizzarks are ready to replace. You and Ben have AWD and will fair better, but I'll trade a little snow performance for better dry performance. Right now, I can't go full throttle regardless of the speed range. Way too Squirly.

Very good tires...I put a set on the S8 and I really like them (as far as A/S goes)