Discuss UFC....

Putty

i honestly dont ever see dana letting the UFC go to shit. evidentally he was pretty pissed while watching the silva fight. yes, i know everyone thinks he's a POS, but he is the one that built UFC(and MMA) up to what it is today, and i dont see him just letting it fall apart.

and i cant wait for the fedor-arlovski fight, should be awesome!

i believe that its the sports comissions that mandate weight classes. dont quote me on that though.

I don't know if arlovski will be able to really challenge fedor but it will be a better fight than silva put up.

The way to beat fedor is to first survive and IF you wear him down you might have a shot. Silva tried to trade punches with him and that really did not end well along with the choke out.

Dumb.

Really? I was watching UFC's when Gracies dominated, I got a couple of years under my belt of following this stuff. The composition was better. It showcased the talent of the fighters IMHO. UFC got started because it was more realistic fighting. The old UFC was Style vs. Style, I liked that. Weight classes don't occur in the real world, you could have a 400# guy against a 185#. It is now becoming a WWF, fiasco.

No biting

No eye gouging

Those were the only rules.

I don't know if arlovski will be able to really challenge fedor but it will be a better fight than silva put up.

The way to beat fedor is to first survive and IF you wear him down you might have a shot. Silva tried to trade punches with him and that really did not end well along with the choke out.

yea, im just hoping arlovski will be one of the few that can actually make it a few rounds. if he can, this will be an awesome fight.

i was really dissapointed that the fedor-silva fight didn't even last a minute. people like to hate on big tim, but, just put your self in that position, there is no sure fire strategy to take on fedor so you just gotta pick something and go with it. unfortunatly, trading punches looked to be one of the worst strategies, lol.

i believe fedor also has a fight scheduled with barnett, i think its his next fight after arlovski. either that or it was scheduled before hand and canceled(dont remember, i saw fedors fight schedule like 2 months agor or something).

Really? I was watching UFC's when Gracies dominated, I got a couple of years under my belt of following this stuff. The composition was better. It showcased the talent of the fighters IMHO. UFC got started because it was more realistic fighting. The old UFC was Style vs. Style, I liked that. Weight classes don't occur in the real world, you could have a 400# guy against a 185#. It is now becoming a WWF, fiasco.

No biting

No eye gouging

Those were the only rules.

I don't want it to become a WWF deal either. But what do you expect? I mean people want what's different and real. The UFC is/was both, you can't blame the UFC. I disagree with you on the weight classes though. If you didn't have these, I feel alot of talent would have been left on the table that wouldn't be seen. I mean good fighter or not a 5'7" 165# guy shouldn't fight some 6'7" 300# guy. For safety reasons and just overall strength wouldn't be fair. Gotta admit that

Oh...and footstomps are gay

Weight classes are theres for a reason, when they didnt have them it wasnt really MMA it was tuff man contest! Theres a difference...UFC needs to somehow steal Uriah Faber from WEC if they are going to sign any big name talent outside of Fedor! What makes UFC look like WWE is the ultimate fighter, its like real world mixed with fighting, it was cool at first but has just gotten old as it has gone on and on