Local turbo rebuilds?

Fubar231

Has anyone had a turbo rebuilt by a shop in or around c-bus? Im trying to find a place locally to rebuild and clip/trim my turbo, of course im trying to find someone with experience with a shop that does good work. Any referrals or help would be great.

Has anyone had a turbo rebuilt by a shop in or around c-bus? Im trying to find a place locally to rebuild and clip/trim my turbo, of course im trying to find someone with experience with a shop that does good work. Any referrals or help would be great.

Are you looking to rebuild the CT26?

No one in Ohio I know of has experience with that turbo. Try MDC motorsports or Driftmotion. Both of which can be found at Supramania.com

I would use Aaron at Driftmotion myself. He can do a full upgrade to a 57 or 60 trim and rebuilt for fair money. The 57 trim is more reliable size of wheel in the stock turbo, but will still give you 400 RWHP.

Columbus Diesel Supply, thats where everyone has told me to take my turbos.

I had them rebuild a turbo and it took over a month.

They actually rebuilt it twice. I picked it up on a Friday on my way home from work, ran home and bolted it on the car in hopes of making it to the track that night and it leaked more oil than it did before I took it there.

So, I took the turbo back and they shipped it to somewhere in KY to have it rebuilt, a month+ later I finally had a working turbo.

Had I known it was going to take that much time/effort I would have shipped it to PTE.

Don't take that as me saying anything bad about Columbus Diesel, just saying you'd probably have about the same turn around time as mailing it somewhere. Though, had they ordered the correct parts for my turbo the first time it would have been done in two weeks so who knows. I will say they stood behind their work and didn't give me any hassle when the turbo leaked the first time.

Well i planned on going big turbo and i didn't want to go too crazy with this, and i wanted to keep it local so i can pick it up and not have to wait for shipping and crap. I just want mine rebuilt, not even to a 57 trim (Since this will be a backup turbo). Im getting a 61 trim trip ball bearing boss jr. for my turbo when i feel like spending some real cash.