WTB a gun

Bhobs

Several folks posted Lady Smiths and some random other small frame guns in another thread. Hopefully they will post up here.

Since you are asking for one, I assume you do not currently own one. With that, have you shot before? If not.... smaller guns GENERALLY have more recoil / kick, and take be a bit of a handful.

A 38 Special Revolver w/ a 4" Barrel would be a VERY good choice (if it fits your hand well) for what you are asking. My wife keeps our Ruger GP100 3" 357 Magnum (loaded w/ 38 Special) on her side.

:thumbup:

Also, if you are not familiar, I would look into taking a firearm safety course. The might be able to steer you into a direction as well.

KillJoy

Don't know if your really interested in Shotguns but I got a Remington 870 20 gauge youth model that'd probally be the perfect size if your under 6'0"

$250

Ill talk to the hubby and see what he thinks thanks :)

It's also no where near close enough to a defensive caliber. It'll only serve to piss someone off, not stop them (short of getting a lucky headshot). 9mm is generally agreed upon as the lowest defensive caliber one should use; possibly .380 if it's a pocket gun. Any lower really doesn't have the power and penetration to take out a person quickly and efficiently.

They make this in pink and 9mm (if that's your thing).

http://calzaretta.com/scans/shot2008/mp9jg.jpg

It's also no where near close enough to a defensive caliber. It'll only serve to piss someone off, not stop them (short of getting a lucky headshot). 9mm is generally agreed upon as the lowest defensive caliber one should use; possibly .380 if it's a pocket gun. Any lower really doesn't have the power and penetration to take out a person quickly and efficiently.

They make this in pink and 9mm (if that's your thing).

http://calzaretta.com/scans/shot2008/mp9jg.jpg

I like that one...I def need to go shoot and see what im comfortable with. Since there is some crazy serial rapist on the lose in cbus I figured this would be a good time to invest in one :)

forgot to log out of ryans name lol---Bettina

keeping a gun next to the bed is a bad idea, you need to keep it away so you have to get up to get it. there have been many cases where a loved one was killed because someone was woken up in the night to a noise and grabed there gun and shot. one here in ohio where a man came home late and went to bed, heard a noise and grabed his gun. saw a shadow in the hall and shot at it. he didn't know his 18 year old daughter was out with friends as her mother let her but didn't tell the dad, he though everyone was home. he is doing life in prision for her murder.

on a happier note, find something that will fit in your hands well and get to know the gun at a range. you don't want your training and finial test to happen in 2 seconds if you ever need to use it. stay with a good brand weapon, Glock, S&W, Springfield, ect.

I went to the shooting range with my girl Jen and I loved it. We were going to go to Vances to buy a gun this wknd but they were closed on Sunday so we are going to go Saturday. I think I want to get a glock or something along the lines of that :)

I went to the shooting range with my girl Jen and I loved it. We were going to go to Vances to buy a gun this wknd but they were closed on Sunday so we are going to go Saturday. I think I want to get a glock or something along the lines of that :)

smart girl.