When is it ok to raise taxes?

Conesmasher

And on whom is it ok to raise them on?

We keep talking about how tax increases will hamper businesses and the consumer, but it seems like there never is a good time. I understand that the large majority would say "never raise them during a downturn".......but realistically??????

Is there ever a good time to raise them? Why do people think that the government can do better things with money than "WE THE PEOPLE" can?

It's obvious that there is a funding gap in our national budget and I'm not sure how people think we are going to bridge that gap? The only way is to decrease the increases and increase the revenue. More coming in, less going out. It's unrealistic to think that we could cut the size of gov't down........no one has done this in a LONG time.

The government spends money on redundant things, mismanages money like crazy, and has huge inflated programs that do nothing, or only help a very small group of people. There is a huge amount of room to cut, but no one in the .gov will admit it, because it could mean their job getting cut.

I tried to make a post similar to this before, and nobody really understood the point of it.