25. Northwestern 7-2 120

Oh and who needs D when your doing this

Scoring Points Per Game Leaders:

2. Oklahoma 49.8

3. Texas Tech 47.0

4. Missouri 45.6

5. Oklahoma State 45.3

6. Texas 44.2

The Big 10 has 1 team in the top 50! And thats Penn State at #8 with 41.8 per game. I'll take a great offense over a great defense any day of the week. You cant win if you dont score!! Field goals wont get it done my friends

OSU will goto a BCS game if they win out and Penn State goes to the National Title game yes, but I would much rather see them play the ACC or Big East Champ atleast then we would have a chance of winning a bowl game. OSU has not gotten 32 points better to beat USC like it or not. A trip to Pasadena would just make OSU and Tress look even worse in the eyes of the media. Dont say "well we didnt have beanie and pryor wasnt the starter" cause that doesnt even matter. The outcome would've still been the same...OSU will lose to USC again if we face them.

I'm rooting for OSU to go to a BCS bowl game regardless of who they'll play or how much of an underdog they might be. Your logic reminds me of the retards who were saying last year that they'd rather OSU go to the Rose Bowl and play USC than play LSU in the title game.

Here's how it goes: National title game > BCS bowl game > everything else. Saying that you'd rather a team go to a lesser bowl just for a better chance of winning sounds kind of silly; you always strive to play in the game with the highest stakes. Would the Patriots ever aspire to play in the wildcard game over the Super Bowl?

BTW, here's a little news flash: OSU can't look ANY worse in the eyes the national media than what they do right now.

2. Oklahoma 49.8

3. Texas Tech 47.0

4. Missouri 45.6

5. Oklahoma State 45.3

6. Texas 44.2

The Big 10 has 1 team in the top 50! And thats Penn State at #8 with 41.8 per game. I'll take a great offense over a great defense any day of the week. You cant win if you dont score!! Field goals wont get it done my friends

They score big points until they go to bowl games and then flop against good teams. Those high avg's just show that they consistently play against weak defenses.

BTW, here's a little news flash: OSU can't look ANY worse in the eyes the national media than what they do right now.

We could look like Michigan. :lol:

Which, speaking of Michigan, I'll be in VA for that game - better be able to find a bar in BFE so I can watch it.

2. Oklahoma 49.8

3. Texas Tech 47.0

4. Missouri 45.6

5. Oklahoma State 45.3

6. Texas 44.2

That's b/c they play in the Big 12. All their defenses are horrible. That's why they are able to put up 40+ a game. You could have said Hawaii last year was awesome b/c they put up 50+ a game, but that's b/c they played weak defenses. You saw what happened last year when a system QB team plays a good defense. They get torn apart.

PSU and OSU wouldn't have to put up 40+ to win a game vs them b/c their defenses don't allow 300 yards a game passing like Texas has consistently over this year.

I think USC would kill any team in the Big 12. They have the #1 pass defense in the country.

2. Oklahoma 49.8

3. Texas Tech 47.0

4. Missouri 45.6

5. Oklahoma State 45.3

6. Texas 44.2

you can't win championships without a good defense! :rolleyes:

The ap poll i posted was wrong...heres the correct ap and its bullshit. TT jumped Penn State, Texas only dropped 4 spots

1. Alabama (46) 9-0 1,600

2. Texas Tech (12) 9-0 1,528

3. Penn State (6) 9-0 1,525

4. Florida (1) 7-1 1,398

5. Texas 8-1 1,353

6. Oklahoma 8-1 1,324

7. USC 7-1 1,250

8. Oklahoma State 8-1 1,198

9. Boise State 8-0 1,030

10. Utah 9-0 1,028

11. TCU 9-1 958

12. Ohio State 7-2 898

13. Missouri 7-2 830

14. Georgia 7-2 808

15. LSU 6-2 746

16. Ball State 8-0 594

17. Brigham Young 8-1 536

18. Michigan State 8-2 456

19. North Carolina 6-2 418

20. West Virginia 6-2 303

21. California 6-2 288

22. Georgia Tech 7-2 286

23. Maryland 6-2 242

24. Florida State 6-2 128

25. Pittsburgh 6-2 96

As for me wanting OSU to not goto the Rose Bowl that is because we dont matchup against USC. I would much rather us lose in a close game to a team that we match up better against then us get blown out against a team that we dont match up well against. As for the Big 12 vs Penn St or OSU thing, I garuntee you that they would put up big numbers against either team. OSU has no D line and the linebackers are over rated as fuck...and im a Buckeye fan. Penn State's only challenge this year was OSU and honestly thats not a real acomplishment when the Bucks cant score to save their lives this year.

OSU is 69th in the country in scoring at 24.6 points a game, no way does the D hold Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech or even Oklahoma St to under 25 points so folks. Yes they held Penn St to 13, but you have to remember that Penn St played their backup qb in the 2nd half of that game. They still averaged 9 yards per first down play. If you dont think Colt McCoy, Graham Harrell or Sam Bradford are better then any qb in the Big 10 then you know absolutely nothing.

BTW arent most qb's products of the system? You compared Graham Harrell to Colt Brennen which is not even fair. Texas Tech actually runs the ball where Hawaii did not.

Again i'm prob one of the biggest Buckeye fans out there, but I get annoyed by other fans who think that there is no good football outside of Columbus and fail to realize just how bad OSU is this year offensively.

The ap poll i posted was wrong...heres the correct ap and its bullshit. TT jumped Penn State, Texas only dropped 4 spots

1. Alabama (46) 9-0 1,600

2. Texas Tech (12) 9-0 1,528

3. Penn State (6) 9-0 1,525

4. Florida (1) 7-1 1,398

5. Texas 8-1 1,353

6. Oklahoma 8-1 1,324

7. USC 7-1 1,250

8. Oklahoma State 8-1 1,198

9. Boise State 8-0 1,030

10. Utah 9-0 1,028

11. TCU 9-1 958

12. Ohio State 7-2 898

13. Missouri 7-2 830

14. Georgia 7-2 808

15. LSU 6-2 746

16. Ball State 8-0 594

17. Brigham Young 8-1 536

18. Michigan State 8-2 456

19. North Carolina 6-2 418

20. West Virginia 6-2 303

21. California 6-2 288

22. Georgia Tech 7-2 286

23. Maryland 6-2 242

24. Florida State 6-2 128

25. Pittsburgh 6-2 96

As for me wanting OSU to not goto the Rose Bowl that is because we dont matchup against USC. I would much rather us lose in a close game to a team that we match up better against then us get blown out against a team that we dont match up well against. As for the Big 12 vs Penn St or OSU thing, I garuntee you that they would put up big numbers against either team. OSU has no D line and the linebackers are over rated as fuck...and im a Buckeye fan. Penn State's only challenge this year was OSU and honestly thats not a real acomplishment when the Bucks cant score to save their lives this year.

OSU is 69th in the country in scoring at 24.6 points a game, no way does the D hold Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech or even Oklahoma St to under 25 points so folks. Yes they held Penn St to 13, but you have to remember that Penn St played their backup qb in the 2nd half of that game. They still averaged 9 yards per first down play. If you dont think Colt McCoy, Graham Harrell or Sam Bradford are better then any qb in the Big 10 then you know absolutely nothing.

BTW arent most qb's products of the system? You compared Graham Harrell to Colt Brennen which is not even fair. Texas Tech actually runs the ball where Hawaii did not.

Again i'm prob one of the biggest Buckeye fans out there, but I get annoyed by other fans who think that there is no good football outside of Columbus and fail to realize just how bad OSU is this year offensively.

The big ten is a good defensive conference buddy. Thats why the bucks are 69th in the country. Watchhow many defensive players from the big ten get drafted in the 1st round compared to the big 12 this year....

You are not a true Bucks fan. You are one of those annoying fairweather type fans. It is BS that TT is in front of penn state but don't worry Oklahoma will beat TT.

Linebackers? I think James is overrated yes. But you go to the other side and Freeman has serious NFL potential in my eyes. Like Lamaar Woodley type potential...

I honestly think if you put Tebow in the big 12 he'd fucking annihilate every team without a running back....

That's b/c they play in the Big 12. All their defenses are horrible. That's why they are able to put up 40+ a game. You could have said Hawaii last year was awesome b/c they put up 50+ a game, but that's b/c they played weak defenses. You saw what happened last year when a system QB team plays a good defense. They get torn apart.

PSU and OSU wouldn't have to put up 40+ to win a game vs them b/c their defenses don't allow 300 yards a game passing like Texas has consistently over this year.

I think USC would kill any team in the Big 12. They have the #1 pass defense in the country.

Man, you've got it down bro!

Bwahaha a fair weather fan, get the fuck out of here seriously with that shit. I have a fucking OSu tattoo for gods sake but im a fair weather fan fuck off!

I just know good football and OSu is not good football this year, next year maybe but not this year. The little 11 has maybe 2 teams that play good D OSU and Penn State other then that its lack of offense that makes the D's look good. Who gives a fuck about individual draft picks, just cause someone goes 1st round doesnt mean that his team was good as a whole.

Freeman misses so many tackles and gets lost in coverage 90% of the time. If you knew anything about football which you obviously dont, then you would know that a linebacker has to be good in coverage and be able to make tackles. Watch that Penn State game again and let me know how many tackles Freeman misses. As for James, his issue is he cant shed blocks that well and the only reason he accumulates so many tackles is cause the D Line is just plain out shitty and he makes tackles 7-12 yards down the field. He'll still be a top 10 pick and Freeman will still be first round so none of it really matters. Hell Alex Boone who is fucking horrible will go late first round just because of size alone.

Oh and as for Tebow destroying the big 12 without a running back, thats funny cause he destroyed the SEC without a legit running back last year and would do the same to any of the Big 10 schools this year. The kid just broke Florida's all time rushing TD record as a JR which was held by a guy named Emmit Smith. You dont win a Heisman by being a joke, so really what was your point with that comment?

Haha fair weather fan still makes me laugh over here. Sorry that I find flaws in just about any team and i'm not biased enough to believe that the team I happen to love and root for are the best when they really arent. Hell we'll be lucky to beat Illinois if the team that played Penn State shows up. Oh wait no one wants to remember what happened last year right?

You fair weather fan, pink car driving homo, speaking the truth about osu asshole you. I'll second your thoughts about osu, and add tressel needs to learn to attack alot more with his play calling before we go up against another high caliber team. you can have all the talent in the world and still fail at life if all you do is play it safe.

oh yea, how's cbus fag?

They score big points until they go to bowl games and then flop against good teams. Those high avg's just show that they consistently play against weak defenses.

Haha and the big 10 plays "good" defense until they go against top notch programs and get blown out

Lets take a history lesson for a second:

USC 32 Michigan 14...hmm great D giving up 32 points

USC 49 Illinois 17...again great D

OSU 14 Florida 41

OSU 24 LSU 38

Missouri 52 Illinois 42

USC 35 OSU 3

Yeah thats really good defense there guy

Haha and the big 10 plays "good" defense until they go against top notch programs and get blown out

Lets take a history lesson for a second:

USC 32 Michigan 14...hmm great D giving up 32 points

USC 49 Illinois 17...again great D

OSU 14 Florida 41

OSU 24 LSU 38

Missouri 52 Illinois 42

USC 35 OSU 3

Yeah thats really good defense there guy

Mentioning a few games from the past three years isn't exactly an unbiased "history" lesson.

How about when OSU held Miami to 24 points in the National Championship game in 2002? And, might I add, Miami needed an overtime period to actually get that many points. What were they averaging that year per game? Wasn't it like 5732626 points per game? And don't tell me Miami wasn't a top notch program - people were saying that Miami team could take the Bengals.

How about the year after that in the Fiesta Bowl when OSU held Kansas State in check? Wasn't that the same Kansas State team that put an absolute beating on Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game?

Then how about the year after that when Ohio State shut down Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl? Wasn't that considered a fairly high powered offense? I think Notre Dame put up decent numbers against USC that year - and would have won had it not been for the infamous Reggie Bush shove of Leinart into the endzone.

Even playing not great, Ohio State still held a very potent Penn State offense in check this year. Sure, Ohio State has been demolished in a few very big games against top notch programs in recent years, but to then dismiss them - and the entire conference - because of that seems a little unfair.

Just my two cents. :)

Mentioning a few games from the past three years isn't exactly an unbiased "history" lesson.

How about when OSU held Miami to 24 points in the National Championship game in 2002? And, might I add, Miami needed an overtime period to actually get that many points. What were they averaging that year per game? Wasn't it like 5732626 points per game? And don't tell me Miami wasn't a top notch program - people were saying that Miami team could take the Bengals.

How about the year after that in the Fiesta Bowl when OSU held Kansas State in check? Wasn't that the same Kansas State team that put an absolute beating on Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game?

Then how about the year after that when Ohio State shut down Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl? Wasn't that considered a fairly high powered offense? I think Notre Dame put up decent numbers against USC that year - and would have won had it not been for the infamous Reggie Bush shove of Leinart into the endzone.

Even playing not great, Ohio State still held a very potent Penn State offense in check this year. Sure, Ohio State has been demolished in a few very big games against top notch programs in recent years, but to then dismiss them - and the entire conference - because of that seems a little unfair.

Just my two cents. :)

Good points other then it took a questionable call to get the game even into overtime! It was the right call but was still questionable.

Notre Dame got into that game by default due to them having 9 wins, which at the time was an automatic bid for them. And OSU's offense was explosive that year with Ginn, Gonzo, Pittman and Smith..so theres the good offense over good D argument.

Kansas state still put up 28 against OSU who returned just about everyone on D from the NC team and only lost by 7.

Penn State played the entire 2nd half and some of the 2nd quarter without their starting QB!! Thats the thing people dont realize, plus you gotta question just how good Penn State really is when you look at their schedule they havent really played anyone besides the Bucks.

Again i'll take a great offense over a great D any day of the week.

you can't win championships without a good defense! :rolleyes:

havent you had the number 1 or 2 defense in the nation past 2 years. you guys did awsome in those n.c. college is all about the high powered offense and minimal mistakes

havent you had the number 1 or 2 defense in the nation past 2 years. you guys did awsome in those n.c. college is all about the high powered offense and minimal mistakes

Ding Ding Ding...tell him what he's won Johnny! Game set match!! OSU has always had great D's but if you cant score..you cant win!! The only time I have ever seen a team with hardly any offense was the 02 Buckeyes. Other then that every national champion has been able to put up numbers on offense. Look at every NC winner since that buckeye team and tell me how many scored under 25 points in their victory?

Ding Ding Ding...tell him what he's won Johnny! Game set match!! OSU has always had great D's but if you cant score..you cant win!! The only time I have ever seen a team with hardly any offense was the 02 Buckeyes. Other then that every national champion has been able to put up numbers on offense. Look at every NC winner since that buckeye team and tell me how many scored under 25 points in their victory?

YES!!!!!!!

Good points other then it took a questionable call to get the game even into overtime! It was the right call but was still questionable.

Notre Dame got into that game by default due to them having 9 wins, which at the time was an automatic bid for them. And OSU's offense was explosive that year with Ginn, Gonzo, Pittman and Smith..so theres the good offense over good D argument.

Kansas state still put up 28 against OSU who returned just about everyone on D from the NC team and only lost by 7.

Penn State played the entire 2nd half and some of the 2nd quarter without their starting QB!! Thats the thing people dont realize, plus you gotta question just how good Penn State really is when you look at their schedule they havent really played anyone besides the Bucks.

Again i'll take a great offense over a great D any day of the week.

The game against Miami technically shouldn't even have made it to overtime - Gamble caught a pass that was ruled incomplete; had the refs got it right (or had replay then), OSU gets a new set of downs, take a knee, and runs out the clock on Miami. So, I'll concede the questionable interference call if you concede that the game never have even gotten that far. :)

Okay, I'll buy your counter with respect to Notre Dame and the high-powered Ohio State offense. Same with respect to the Kansas State game.

With respect to Penn State, your argument about them not having their starting QB doesn't hold much water - they scored the majority of their points in the second half (i.e., the half you imply they were less offensively potent).

I'll take a great offense against a great defense anytime, too. Agree completely on that point.

Johnny Bravo you seem to be one of the few on here who has some brains when it comes to this subject. i still think that Penn States offense would've put up bigger numbers had they had their starting qb in the whole game. They became one dimensional in the 2nd half and their only td came on a run.

I still say the OSU vs Miami game was the best NC game ever! That game put over 50 kids in the pros from just those 2 teams...thats insane!! Also you had Mo C stealing the ball away from Shawn Taylor to help save the game...he doesnt do that and Miami wins the game

Johnny Bravo you seem to be one of the few on here who has some brains when it comes to this subject. i still think that Penn States offense would've put up bigger numbers had they had their starting qb in the whole game. They became one dimensional in the 2nd half and their only td came on a run.

I still say the OSU vs Miami game was the best NC game ever! That game put over 50 kids in the pros from just those 2 teams...thats insane!! Also you had Mo C stealing the ball away from Shawn Taylor to help save the game...he doesnt do that and Miami wins the game

smack yourself hoe, texas usc was way better. more points, more exciting, better ending. refs didnt fuck that game up, usc did. but other than that the rest of your post is correct

smack yourself hoe, texas usc was way better. more points, more exciting, better ending. refs didnt fuck that game up, usc did. but other than that the rest of your post is correct

Haha the refs didnt fuck the OSU vs Miami game they made the correct call. Want video proof?

Defensive holding would've been a better call but none the less the results woudl've been the same.

USC vs Texas was a close 2nd