IPS Trailblazer SS Dyno compairsons

Brandon

With the increased traffic of trailblazer ss's through the shop, we have done quite a bit of work to them, both the two wheel and all wheel versions.

For those of you interested in the truck or modifying the truck, and the stock versus intake tune capabilities here is a dyno chart showing some comparative data.

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/jason%20fetter%2006%20viper/TBSS%20Dynos.bmp

-Blue line is a completely stock 06 TBSS AWD

-Red line is a completely stock 06 TBSS AWD w/o speed limiter (baseline pull from a different truck than the blue line)

-Green line is a competitors tuned 06 TBSS AWD, with cold air intake

-Purple line is IPS tuned 06 TBSS AWD, with cold air intake.

You will notice there is nearly no variance between the first two cars, which are both completely stock. So we have a good foundation for comparison.

Then you have the green line, which is tuned by another shop with a cold air intake. Now look to the IPS tuned truck, the purple line, there is a lot of difference between the two, up to as much as 30 RWHP and 30 RWTQ in the trucks power band. As you can tell with just a simple cold air intake and a IPS custom tune you can pick up around 30-35 RWHP and 30-35 RWTQ through the mid range and around 20-25 RWHP 20-25 RWTQ in peak power!

Cheers

-Brandon

Green and purple the same truck?

I doubt it so i don't know what they are trying to prove. IPS tune could be set for kill and the other shop could be tuned for 200k miles.

I doubt it so i don't know what they are trying to prove. IPS tune could be set for kill and the other shop could be tuned for 200k miles.

Prove, really we are trying to prove this - With proper tuning and a simple cold air intake there are very nice gains that can be made. With just the intake and not the proper tune you can not utilize performance potential.

Also what TBSS has 200k already? Im certain very few. This tune we send out mail order, it is very safe, and runs on pump gas, nothing to crazy about it, just when modifications are done properly you can see the benefits!

Guest 614Streets
I know John came over and ran his tbss at your shop , he had bad gas apparently the first time. I heard he was a happy customer , and his tag along was my buddy rob with the black nova.

I know John came over and ran his tbss at your shop , he had bad gas apparently the first time. I heard he was a happy customer , and his tag along was my buddy rob with the black nova.

Yeah, Johns car on a completely stock tune yeilded around 8 degrees of knock retard, had him get some good 93 octane, and made great gains, to power and overall drivability. We are fortunate to work around with so many of these trucks, they have great potential. Ill post up a heads cam truck we have done as well, when I am back from Texas.

Prove, really we are trying to prove this - With proper tuning and a simple cold air intake there are very nice gains that can be made. With just the intake and not the proper tune you can not utilize performance potential.

Also what TBSS has 200k already? Im certain very few. This tune we send out mail order, it is very safe, and runs on pump gas, nothing to crazy about it, just when modifications are done properly you can see the benefits!

Still what are you trying to prove? Yes you made more power, i want to see AFR's, timing, knock, etc. There are way to many variables.

Was it the green dyno and pink dyno with the same car, same air temp, same dyno, same gas, same altitude? If not you are comparing apples to oranges IMO.

Are all Tunes done with the same Dyno?

Are all Tunes made on the same TYPE of Dyno?

Is the same vehicle used in all examples?

Is the same Drivetrain used (RWD or AWD)?

To answer quickly -- yes, yes, and obviously no. And yes for all being AWD.

Jeff