Street Tuned Trail Blazer SS with dyno results

DTM Brian

You are missing the fact that is is a LS2. It makes no difference if its in a Trailblazer, a C6, a GTO, or a freakin RX8.

Eric can street-tune that same truck (But RWD so my example will make sense to you) and we can send it over to Brian's (Or anywhere for that matter) to Dyno and the A/F will be 110% dead-on what it is commanded and the timing wont need to be touched. Now, on some vehicles could you *Maybe* add another degree or two of timing if it was on a dyno and you had a WB to know you were safe? Sure, but even without doing so there are no excuses necessary. This is why I can send that same tune to some guy in Florida and have it run the same and make the same power as it would here.

Get it?

So you didnt answer my questions and you act like I dont know what we are talking about.

I understand how a mail order tune works, I had one in my Lightning and it sucked ass from JLP. Not every vehicle will run the same on the exact same tune regarless of Ford or GM, it may command the same AF but it may not work out the best for the specific vehicle.

So what i gather from you is Brian shouldnt touch anything LSx powered and IPS is the only place for GM tuning? Or maybe you came into his thread trying to make him look bad only to gain business by attacking another vendor event hough the customer is happy?

As far as I can tell you should just quit yapping and let your business and the cars you roll out speak for themselves, you would be much better off.

Vendor A makes a Thread.

Vendor B butts in an calls BS about what was done.

I am not sure why this is not being handled better. Most other Forums I am on, Vendor B's post would have been deleted in minutes, and the Vendor repromanded. This does not matter WHO the Vendor is.

Just my $.02.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

You are missing the fact that is is a LS2. It makes no difference if its in a Trailblazer, a C6, a GTO, or a freakin RX8.

Eric can street-tune that same truck (But RWD so my example will make sense to you) and we can send it over to Brian's (Or anywhere for that matter) to Dyno and the A/F will be 110% dead-on what it is commanded and the timing wont need to be touched. Now, on some vehicles could you *Maybe* add another degree or two of timing if it was on a dyno and you had a WB to know you were safe? Sure, but even without doing so there are no excuses necessary. This is why I can send that same tune to some guy in Florida and have it run the same and make the same power as it would here.

Get it?

So, why don't all cars with the same mods make the same power? Your arguement is very strange. I assume you pay attention to the vehicles that come through your shop and see that some make a little more or a little less than others with the same mods. I have seen many stock cars of the same variety make different #'s. I guess you are a little dissapointed that someone didn't come over to your shop for a tune when you have the AWD dyno to tune it on. Shit happens. I don't remember anyone shitting on any of the IPS dyno graphs in here. I guess I could ask why the IPS magic # for any LSx car with heads and cam, regardless of the package and vehicle, is 440. But, I don't feel the need to do that.

Vendor A makes a Thread.

Vendor B butts in an calls BS about what was done.

One correction and I am done with all of this. I simply asked if Brian knew what an AWD TBSS dynoed stock as I was under the impression that had he known they did what they do he most likely wouldn't have started a thread talking about a tune he did making a 7-10HP gain. That is it.

What am I calling BS on? That it is not possible to only make that much of a gain? LOL.

I apologize for questioning the reasoning behind something that is posted on a web-forum.

Jeff

I apologize for questioning the reasoning behind something that is posted on a web-forum.

Being a competing Vendor on the same forum, yes, you should not have posted it.

I am not taking a side on this as to who is involved. I am looking at it from a purely conflict of interest point of view.

The originating post seemed to question the Thread Originators abilities, implying you could have done more.

Vendor battles on forums split the site. Ask how I know :rolleyes:

KillJoy

One correction and I am done with all of this. I simply asked if Brian knew what an AWD TBSS dynoed stock as I was under the impression that had he known they did what they do he most likely wouldn't have started a thread talking about a tune he did making a 7-10HP gain. That is it.

What am I calling BS on? That it is not possible to only make that much of a gain? LOL.

Jeff

Was this truck ever dynoed stock?

If not, you can't really say it only picked up 7-10hp.

Talked to Brian on the phone to make sure this isn't getting all twisted and turned as usual and we are good.

Post away...

Jeff

:thumbup:

Internet misunderstanding happen a lot. The tone something is intended in is not always convayed.

:chill:

KillJoy

Talked to Brian on the phone to make sure this isn't getting all twisted and turned as usual and we are good.

Post away...

Jeff

I didnt see things getting twisted between you two, I was just having a discussion with you on not agreeing which is a perfectly normal thing on an interwebs forum.

I respect anyone who can gain horsepower and doing it in a safe fashion. I'm not on the level of a tuner as eric or brian but I do understand what it takes to do it and do it right.

I was very excited when I made my subbie put down 300whp. It was only 15whp over what 99% of the same setup's make but I did it .

So grats brian.

I do notice your smoothing is zero my comment on that is . I know why because otherwise it would have said ~298 I know this because I did the same thing to get mine to say 300. BUT even at 0 the graph looks really nice no obvious flaws .

Was this truck ever dynoed stock?

If not, you can't really say it only picked up 7-10hp.

It's about damn time someone said this. If there is no baseline pulls of the car than noone really knows how much it gained other than what they claim from the factory. It's like trying to compare 2 different TBSS with the same mods, of course they will dyno different.

For comparison:

Stock TBSS- 291 hp 312 lb ft

Competitor tuned TBSS w/ intake- 295 hp 313 lb ft

IPS tuned TBSS w/ intake on dyno- 312 hp 334 lb ft

Street tuned TBSS (w/ intake? I didn't see)- 301 hp 320 lb ft

Gain of 10 hp and 8 lb ft from a stock TBSS

Gain of 6 hp and 7 lb ft from competitor

Down 11 hp and 8 lb fit from IPS

This difference is close enough for me to believe that had Brian tuned this on a dyno, he would have come close to matching IPS' results. That is not to say he would definitely pass them or be way under.

As far as engines go, there is a little piece of information some of you forget. Mileage doesn't always have anything to do with engine performance. This truck could be on one extreme of the manufacturers specs.

Lastly, we shouldn't forget that this is a customer service game. I'm sure IPS' customers are happy with the results from their trucks. I'm also sure (as he stated) that Jason is happy with with Brian's results. Sometimes we are too quick to point fingers or call foul, on both "sides". The ultimate success of these trucks is judged by the customer, not the dyno.

Unfortunately I don't have a baseline dynograph. I would have liked to have one, but things didn't work out that way. Perhaps that's what i need to settle this fiasco once and for all?

From what I've read on the TB SS forums on a typical Dynojet these trucks put down ~300 whp stock, so perhaps the IPS dyno reads a bit low anyways. Also, with a mail order tune (PCM4LESS, Vector, etc) and an intake these trucks have seen gains ranging anywhere from 25 to almost 40HP. Perhaps I just ended up with a Friday motor. :(

My truck is a stock truck with just an IEATSRT8 intake. There are only so many parameters at this early stage that need adjusted.

Bottom line is I'm happy with the services provided by both parties involved. I'm friends with Brian, Mike (yak), and Brandon, and I met some of the other IPS guys too. But I'm disappointed that I'm caught up in this latest drama.