The Faith I Have In Our Government

Kevin R.

So, I worked for the federal government over the summer. A couple of days ago I get a letter saying I owe them $290~ due to "Time and Attendance changes". :confused: $70 of which they have somehow already taken. Now, every day we filled in our time and it was approved by our supervisor. I often did this with help from others.

Twice I have called the headquarters in Indianapolis and waited on the phone for 20+ minutes before hanging the fuck up.

Fuck this shit. If this was anyone else but our government I would tell them to go fuck themselves, but they will fuck me back on this one.

Guess I will go call back and listen to the hottest waiting jams out right now for a half hour.

:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone ever had this happen before? I think it should be a rule that if you fuck up paying somebody you eat the loss. Not my fault someone isn't competent enough to do their job.

/rant

I had a company take out to large of a percentage on my 401k. They would not match the amount they took out. Well I did not catch that for about two years and the company owed me quite a bit. They agreed to cut me a check for the amount I didnt really think it was much at the time so I said just send it with my paycheck. That next week my paycheck was 5k dollars. I called them they said that was correct so I went ahead and cashed it and bought hookers and coke. The next week I got a call from home office telling me that I owed them 2500 Dollars. I had to pay it back over the next 4 pay checks. That sucked.

That happened about 8 years ago.

Would be different if I actually worked for them presently.

Went back and checked all my Leave and Earnings Statements...don't show shit for overpayment....can't get through to talk to anyone.

I feel like I am being bitchslapped by the fed here.

I got a letter from the IRS a month ago stating I owe more on my taxes from 3 years ago (~$500). I mean, if I messed up my taxes, than my bad, I'll pay up. But fucking 3 years later? To top that off, the letter says I have a month to pay it or I'll begin accruing interest. :rolleyes:

Good I want my travel pay cock sucker :D

Hahaha. I literally did absolutely nothing all summer and got paid for it. Every day I would file, walk around, and sleep on the shitter until lunch, then smoke 12 packs of cigarettes, sleep on shitter, file, go home. Maybe I do deserve to have my pay docked. :p

Hahaha. I literally did absolutely nothing all summer and got paid for it. Every day I would file, walk around, and sleep on the shitter until lunch, then smoke 12 packs of cigarettes, sleep on shitter, file, go home. Maybe I do deserve to have my pay docked. :p

Maybe you need to change my years of service too. Just got my drill pay from Uncle Sugar @ DFAS :)

:lol:

Truth.

It was the best paying, worst job I have ever had. Every day I felt like I was in Office Space.

You THOUGHT is was the best paying job, until they made you return half your check. :lol:.

I had the same thing happen to me…In high school I had a part time job at Aquarium Adventure making about $7.25 an hour. Over winter break I put in about 35 hours and they accidentally put all of my hours in as overtime. My check was for like $600 and I was only use to seeing $150-$200….. Yep, that’s about it, they never caught the mistake and I got to keep all the money. So actually it’s nothing like what happened to you…..Yeah that sucks.

You THOUGHT is was the best paying job, until they made you return half your check. :lol:.

I had the same thing happen to me…In high school I had a part time job at Aquarium Adventure making about $7.25 an hour. Over winter break I put in about 35 hours and they accidentally put all of my hours in as overtime. My check was for like $600 and I was only use to seeing $150-$200….. Yep, that’s about it, they never caught the mistake and I got to keep all the money. So actually it’s nothing like what happened to you…..Yeah that sucks.

Hahaha. That happened to me when I worked at Tim Hortons as a kid, they simply paid me way too much on a check for reasons I don't know, but I returned the money. :(