Highest tq rating on a FWD transmission?

Aaron

what about the weight of the vehicle its going into? its ratings mean nothing if you put it into something twice as much as the vehicle the ratings were setup for.

ex.. 4t65e is right about 260 from the factory in a 3500lb car..and can handle 400or more in a fiero.

thats what I'm looking for

supposedly the manual trans from a 60 degree motor will bolt up, but I havn't looked into it any further yet

I think those are getrags? or however you spell them. The ones that came in the early 90's Cutlass and the Z34's. They're pretty expensive.

Guest Removed
I think those are getrags? or however you spell them. The ones that came in the early 90's Cutlass and the Z34's. They're pretty expensive.

correct

they bolt 350's to them all the time :D

Guest Removed
TH-425

3 speed auto, came in Oldsmobile Tornados and FWD GMC motorhomes.

Most of the mods you can do to a TH-400 will work on a 425.

They would suvive with a big block in a motor home, so they should handle 300+ easily.

i almost forgot about those thing...but they take uplots of room to mount, mount in like a rwd, and rob lots of power

I'm just going to keep my eye out for a random junkyard jewel find and then stick it in the corner for a rainy day build a 5 spd bonneville project :)

The cobalt trans is a no go. They did not change the trans from the SC to the TC cobalt. The Supercharge cobalt buys say that the trans is the limiting factor as far as power goes.

The car it is going in weighs in the mid to low 3000lbs.

What type of trans is the 4t65e? What kind of cars do they come in?

Thanks guys.

The cobalt trans is a no go. They did not change the trans from the SC to the TC cobalt. The Supercharge cobalt buys say that the trans is the limiting factor as far as power goes.

The car it is going in weighs in the mid to low 3000lbs.

What type of trans is the 4t65e? What kind of cars do they come in?

Thanks guys.

Anything W-body pretty much and H-bodies for the most part. Grand prix GTP, Regal GS, Monte Carlo SS ( 04+ only). This is for the HD version (heavy duty diff and 2.93 gears)

You could get a cheaper 4t65 (non hd) that has 3.29 gears and it can hold somewhere around 300 whp or so. But all you'd have to do to convert it to HD is swap the differential over.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=150&catid=105 is some more info on where I got my tranny in my Lumina a few years back. Worked great.