Electronic component stores?

Furloaf

I'm having a very hard time finding a male 6-pin mini-DIN connector to repair a speaker system. I had no luck looking around shanty-town Marion and was wondering if someone knows of an electronic hobby shop in or around Columbus. Think of RadioShack on crack. The guys working at RadioShack didn't have a clue of what I was looking for.

Yes, I was able to find the part online very easily, but online vendors want $10 for shipping&handling on a $0.50, 1/2 ounce (at most) part.....

I'm having a very hard time finding a male 6-pin mini-DIN connector to repair a speaker system. I had no luck looking around shanty-town Marion and was wondering if someone knows of an electronic hobby shop in or around Columbus. Think of RadioShack on crack. The guys working at RadioShack didn't have a clue of what I was looking for.

Yes, I was able to find the part online very easily, but online vendors want $10 for shipping&handling on a $0.50, 1/2 ounce (at most) part.....

That is cheaper than the gas to drive to Columbus.

Thanks for the replies.

I have to go to Columbus anyway this week so the gas isn't an issue. Mouser lists ~$10 shipping. I didn't want to mail order it just for the principle of not paying 1000% of the cost of the part for shipping&handling, and fixing the system is not a high priority.