WTB: 1000W+ Sub

Fubar231

You do realize that distortion is usually what kills a sub, not power.

How shitty of an amp are you running?

trooff

I have seen a Punch 45 ( I am showing my age ) make a "1000w" amp look weak. Most of the time, you don't really need 1000w, you just need a good quality amp.

Guest Removed
trooff

I have seen a Punch 45 ( I am showing my age ) make a "1000w" amp look weak. Most of the time, you don't really need 1000w, you just need a good quality amp.

word!

my punch 75 was the shit with 2 10's in a bandpass box

Right now im only running 1 kicker 750.1 class d monoblock at 2 ohms stable (i got 2 of the amps incase i ever wanna put another sub in the poopra craigslist FTW). I blew a CVR12 in 2 weeks, it was a joke. Alpine Type R lasted about a month, i had that before i got the CVR 12. Im sick of blowing subs, we hooked my boss's subs up to my sub (hes got 2 memphis 15's) and we turned my shit up loud as fuck shakin windows and shit and very little distortion. Im pretty sure its either the fact im running a single 12 on a monoblock (too much power?) or just shitty subs. I was looking into getting a Fi BTL (www.ficaraudio.com) dual voice coil of course. My boss used to have orions and he loved them but he got 2 memphis 15's off his buddy for cheap.

MrBoost Im only looking for 1 sub because i have a hatch, and 700$ is a bit steep. Ive seen 2 JLW7's cheaper than that, guarntee there box wasn't as nice though, i saw your ad on craigslist.

if your blowing subs left and right. then u need to learn "Volume Control". Most ppl crank the gains on there amp and crank there cd player. thus, distorting the subs till it melts down. putting a 750wrms amp on a 400wrms sub is just asking for a blown sub unless gains are adjusted right.

And i dont see how 700 is high? consider they sell brand new for 639.99 on crutchfeild? now dont get me wrong, u can pick them up on websites and ebay for cheaper, but u get ZERO warranty. and i've updated it to $600 cuz i need them gone.

Boost its just a lot of money heh. And i know about volume control and gains im not a retard. These fake ass subs just cant handle real power thats it. Anyways id buy one of the 10's off you for like 200$ or somethin, no box 1 10. Don't need all that in my car... Dont think it'll even fit...

200. um. yea. i wish i paid that for them from JL..

just my 2 cents, but i've been doing MECA spl comps for a long time, and ALOT of ppl run kicker subs (not just the L7's.. they also run CompVR's). so, IMO you dont know volume controll. i have been a installer for 10 years and seen it countless time. Kids who dont understand the concept of "Over Powering a Woofer". I am willing to bet that u have never correctly set the gains on your amp. If you would like to be Currectly Educated on how this is done, here is a very nice post.

How to adjust amp gains

Man im not retarded i know what im doin, not as much as you but you wouldnt think a 750.1 would overpower a CVR 12 w/ the gain all the way down and x-over at 50hz. Headunit was on -5 bass and the bass boost on the amp was like 1/5 of the way up. Fuck if i know, but yeah if you sellin the box and 2 subs for 600, and its all used, i think 200 is fair but thats just me. I can keep lookin its all good. Anyone heard anything about fi car audio? I was lookin at a BTL 12.

EDIT: Throwin this out there, my CVR 12 was in a 1.75 cu ft. ported box.

not really sure, as long as the amp it tuned for the sub, there shouldnt be a problem.

The JL's i'm selling, arent used, there brand new. i took them out of the box, and installed them in the custom box. they've never even been hooked to a amp.

Fi is a great company, the designer used to work for Re Audio. He left there and started Fi Audio. But a 750wrms amp isnt enough to push a BTL. Personly, i would look into something that has higher watt handling then the cvr but not as much overkill as a BTL. Look into a Kicker L7, JL w6 or W7, Mtx 7500(or higher), Re Audio SX, TC sounds, Audio Pusle, fi audio.

Another big thing that u have to remember is playing 2 subs on a 750wrms amp, will give you 375wrms per sub. Reguardless how many sub hook-ups it has.

Yeah i was worried about underpowering. I wondered why my sub blew too, its weird. Who knows, and sorry i didnt know the 10's were brand new. Thought it was all used. Could you possibly sell just 1? I know its hard to gt rid of just one sub though... 600$ is out of my pricerange though...

The speakers you are messing with are in the wrong class. The 750 is a solid amp. If you do not want to spend alot the power acoustic mofo is a great sub for the price. If you want something that is mediium range look into diamond audio. The mojo memphis are great too. I am speaking from personal experience 13+ years. I have never liked JL. Call me crazy. W3, W6, W whatever never liked them. I always found something better and more durable. Is this the ZX750 by kicker?

they have to be sold as a pair. the best way to find subs, is pick a price range, then u can narrow down what u want. around 300 can get u a really nice set of 12's. One thing u have to look at is ... new? or used? pay a lil more to get something brand-new thats never been abused and get a warranty incase u blow them. or go cheap, no warranty, and having noway to tell that someone has beat the shit out of the subs

So i was talkin to my boss at work today, he used to do db drag racing and crap, and he told me the best sub i probably could find for my car would be a JL 8W6. Hes got a picture of his truck hitting 162.2 dbs w/ 3 8W6's so.... Small, hit hard, not too great at reproducing low notes though since its a 8. I want something betwen 12-15" cause the cars a hatch... Boost id prefer to buy new subs, but stores are just ridicolous when it comes to how much they want for just 1 12 and nothing else. If you dont want install bla bla a amp etc they try to fuck you.

EDIT: Talked to my boss, he hit 162.2 on 16 10's. Ill ask him what he hit w/ the 3 8's tomorrow.

lol well im a JL dealer, and if u need something i will get you the best price u can find.

and not true FastBlackStang, i have 2 12" JL Audio W1 on a 500/1. Subs are rated at 150wrms. and i have been beating the block down with them for over 6 months. it all goes back to what i said before, setting up your amp CORRECTLY

162db on 3 w6 8"s.. wow. i dont belive that for a second. maybe in a "Port War" but never in glass/front seat metered. the state record holder in M4 has 2 12"s in a crx and only does 152's.