Gunners....lookit!!!

Putty

Look what came in today!!! Me happy!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/bixsman/IMG_0837.jpg

Nice, looks good. I'm still surprised they both came in so soon, I thought for sure we were going to have to wait until Thursday. I'll have to start ordering all of the other parts once I get my hands on that lower tomorrow....

I am not familiar with the building of an AR. What are the advantages to building your own rather than just buying one off the shelf?

It CAN be cheaper.

You get to buy in stages as funding allows.

You cna build a combo, that is not regularly available.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

It CAN be cheaper.

KillJoy

Yep, you can usually build for cheaper than you can buy it. I know someone that said the AR they are building goes for 1200 at Vances but to build it was only 850 or 900. It looks they assemble pretty easily, i think the most complicated part to assemble from what I have heard is the lower receiver parts kit...

It CAN be cheaper.

KillJoy

Thank you...

Are they hard to assemble? I have taken down many shot guns, rifles and hand guns. I may look into doing this.

One last question. Is it the upper or lower that has to go though an FFL dealer?

Thank you...

Are they hard to assemble? I have taken down many shot guns, rifles and hand guns. I may look into doing this.

One last question. Is it the upper or lower that has to go though an FFL dealer?

The Lower is the FFL Item.

Links to follow....

KillJoy

What are the advantages to building your own rather than just buying one off the shelf?

Well, you can usually save a little money. Plus you dont have to spend the entire amount at once, if you don't have the cash. This gun would cost about $1200 if I got it completed, but I am not paying that doing it this way.

I already has one :)

Loan me that EOtech