Hi

Novi357

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the layout on the car. See you even get the Chevy guys telling you how cool it is. Doesn't look like the 17s are holding much back.

Thanks. Personally I like anything that is fast. I've never been one of those Ford vs. Chevy guys. Don't get me wrong, the brand battle shootouts are a lot of fun to run at.

It is hard to say how much et gain is possible with a 15 inch setup. I do have 15x10 alumastars with a 17" front skinny alumastar. Both times I tried to run them I broke. The best run on that setup was a 9.17 @ 161 so I have to figure there is probably a bit of et to be gained. The question is whether it takes away from the fun of the car. I must admit, the car looks mean on those tires though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/novi357/Picture003.jpg

• Upvote 2

Love the car. Would like to see a thumper turbo on it though!!

:)

I love turbos, but have always been a supercharger guy. There are some benefits to the linear power curve of the blowers.

Wow! Impressive car man. Hope to see it at some meets next year.

Welcome to CR.

Thanks. If I owned a trailer it would be more likely that I would go out to Ohio for some races. It isn't like Ohio is that far from Maryland. Hard to say what might come up in the next year.

Tails and a chute ftw

It gets some funny looks when I load all of my junk into the car and drive home with the chute still on the car.

How does it drive on street out of curiosity?

This is the car that drove to the track and ran Jamie's Supra if I remember correctly.

Yes, that was my car that raced the Supra.

The car has very good street manners. I think running a stand alone and being able to tune it myself goes a long way in making the car street friendly. Also, things like cam selection will also play an important role.

Very impressive, welcome to the site.

Thanks!

badass. welcome. link to video?

Thanks!

Here are a few videos.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8-second-pass-on-17-inch_163110.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Stock-looking-mustang-low_139209.htm

I found this one randomly.

Holy fuck that car looks badass

Very impressive, welcome to CR

Thanks!

You could put that thing on the street and make a killing! Doesn't sound really radical from what I can tell.

To say that I've had a lot of street racers try to buy the car from me over the years would be an understatement! I've had some tempting offers, but it isn't for sale at this point. I have so much personal time invested in building this car, I just don't think I have the patience anymore to replicate it.

Most people who see it figure it runs somewhere in the 12s maybe. Once you hear it idling or doing the burnout, people guess that it might actually be an 11 second car. It is healthy sounding but you would never think it is 8 second capable.

Having to run the chute kind of ruins it, but most people think the chute is just on there for looks.

It is funny, me and my friend were joking about street racing the car. I don't really hide what it can do and will tell people what the combination is. He was like, "you would be the only street racer trying to give people cars"

To say that I've had a lot of street racers try to buy the car from me over the years would be an understatement! I've had some tempting offers, but it isn't for sale at this point. I have so much personal time invested in building this car, I just don't think I have the patience anymore to replicate it.

Most people who see it figure it runs somewhere in the 12s maybe. Once you hear it idling or doing the burnout, people guess that it might actually be an 11 second car. It is healthy sounding but you would never think it is 8 second capable.

Having to run the chute kind of ruins it, but most people think the chute is just on there for looks.

It is funny, me and my friend were joking about street racing the car. I don't really hide what it can do and will tell people what the combination is. He was like, "you would be the only street racer trying to give people cars"

A lot of racers don't like set-ups like yours just for that reason. Its hard to judge a boosted car without seeing it run. So in fear of getting hustled, most of the big money racers are going in the direction of small blocks on 1 stage with stock suspension. I assume your already on all the racing sites in the North Eastern area.

There have been so many people over the years try to tell me you can't make a Mustang a sleeper and I've always laughed at them because of cars like yours.

It really depends on your definition of sleeper. The definition itself can cause huge arguments among car people.

To me, a sleeper is anything that runs WAY faster than it looks. Don't get me wrong, to me, the ultimate sleeper is some grandma looking 4 door on a small tire. But, I would still consider Sal's 7 second twin turbo viper to be a sleeper because no way would you guess by looking at it what it actually runs.

A lot of racers don't like set-ups like yours just for that reason. Its hard to judge a boosted car without seeing it run. So in fear of getting hustled, most of the big money racers are going in the direction of small blocks on 1 stage with stock suspension. I assume your already on all the racing sites in the North Eastern area.

The car is pretty well known. It would be super easy to change things up though. There are a lot of 17 inch rims available and a maaco paint job is only about $500 or so. For a small investment, it would not be too tough for the car to come out as a red car or whatever color you want with 17" cobra R's on it.

The car is pretty well known. It would be super easy to change things up though. There are a lot of 17 inch rims available and a maaco paint job is only about $500 or so. For a small investment, it would not be too tough for the car to come out as a red car or whatever color you want with 17" cobra R's on it.

Has it been to a drag week yet?

Has it been to a drag week yet?

Nope. I've been asked to do it a bunch of times and also to enter events like King of the Street.

I just don't really have the time to take a week off. I think it would be pretty funny and I could easily sitck a hitch into the receiver of the parachute mount and pull a little trailer.

• Upvote 1

Nope. I've been asked to do it a bunch of times and also to enter events like King of the Street.

I just don't really have the time to take a week off. I think it would be pretty funny and I could easily sitck a hitch into the receiver of the parachute mount and pull a little trailer.

I asked because it seems like it would be a perfect candidate for it, if you already drive it that much.