Conceal Carry Law

SSick06

Diana -

No disrespect intended, but have you ever fired a gun? If not, may I offer you a trip to the shooting range, so you can experience it firsthand?

yeah, i have two guns (a 12 gauge shotgun and a .38 special) i love them.. and yes, i've shot them both. i think people were missing my point which im sure is easy to do since i don't e-battle often, but i have no problems with guns. i think everyone should have them... but i think it was Johnny Bravo that said it, when it comes down to it, can you trust your fellow man. everyone has their own intentions but not everyone shares the same beliefs or morals or even EMOTIONS! lol

ok i seriously need to work today coz i didn't yesterday.

i respect you guys so please don't take my opinions and try to shove them in my ass.

kthnxbye

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Globally, not speaking of people i know, personally.....I say, no. In today's world I think people are all about their best interest, regardless if it's hurtful or damaging to someone else, as long as it benefits them or their families. Like relationships, trust is earned and I think people that don't have an immediate connection with someone else can careless of them.

Some people don't even care about hurting their family, while I believe that this is very rare it definitely happens. It is a very long and complicated story that I do not even know all of the details about. But basically my aunt was having some hard times and stole 3 of my grandpas(passed away a while ago) guns(colt M1911, and 2 others which i don't know what they were) and she pawned them. Everyone was and still is very mad at her, she was always self centered but I would have never expected her to do this. The Colt meant a lot to my cousin, as a lot of gun owners know how you can become attached to some guns. We have tried to track the guns down but they are long gone.

I did not read through all of this, just skimmed the better part.

The only thing I do not like about Ohio's CCW is that you cannot carry in MANY locations. Locations you would most likely want one (ie - the Fair).

Or if a store puts up a "No Guns" sign.

Or if they sell or serve liquor (my Kroger).

:(

KillJoy

Dealing with a persons estate hardly ever goes over smoothly. That's when you find out just what you meant to a person....Truth hurts!

The only thing I do not like about Ohio's CCW is that you cannot carry in MANY locations. Locations you would most likely want one (ie - the Fair).

KillJoy

I think if you give us the right to carry, we should be able to carry ANYWHERE! Hell a killer is gonna kill. Regardless of a dumb sign, school or govt location.

KillJoy

Only if they sell to be consumed on premesis, it was fixed in Sept.

No gun sign doesn't really mean shit.

The fair is considered a State "building". I know in states like Tenn. and Texas you wouldn't be able to carry at a fair because it is considered a "peaceful public gathering" or some shit like that

That is good to hear. I know the Kroger by us (Galloway) still has the "If you have a firearm in this liquor establishment" sign up.

KillJoy

inform the manager. Give them a copy of SB-184

I think if you give us the right to carry, we should be able to carry ANYWHERE! Hell a killer is gonna kill. Regardless of a dumb sign, school or govt location.

Buckeye Firearms is working on it. You really should join, it really keeps me up to date on everything happening concerning gun laws in Ohio. Like just recently ODOT removed all "No Gun" signs off of rest stops.

Buckeye Firearms is working on it. You really should join, it really keeps me up to date on everything happening concerning gun laws in Ohio. Like just recently ODOT removed all "No Gun" signs off of rest stops.

Good to know.!! I saw those at rest stops and said "yeah right.....it's 3am". So they are trying to get signs taken down in now forbidden places?

Good to know.!! I saw those at rest stops and said "yeah right.....it's 3am". So they are trying to get signs taken down in now forbidden places?

Well in SB-184 it removed rest stops off of the forbidden list.

This is also a good site to have bookmarked

http://www.ohioccw.org/component/option,com_sobi2/Itemid,100/

http://secure.ohioccw.org/catalog/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=3&zenid=5269ec232307ede185e85bff0ec38e4f

http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/3902/97/

http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/3979/101/

Putty, Scott, and Kenny: thanks for your thoughts on the trust thing. I'm inclined to agree with you, I think; I have my reservations about trusting others (i.e., humans in general, all things being equal).

Today's society lacks the moral fiber and strays away from the traditional Judeo-Christian beliefs in the lying is a bad thing. Hell if you know anymore someone is who they say they are. I think with the growing economical situation, cases as in burglary and murder will do nothing but increase. Not to mention, it won't be localized to just the inner-city areas. Criminals tend to be opportunists, and will travel to seek the jackpot. Being raised around firearms, not to mention, placing the trust of my life to a rifle, it's almost like a cell phone to me. That doesn't mean I'm lax in my safety and overall being of my weapon's status, it has just become something I feel wrong not having by me. Call it mistrust, paranoid, but to me it isn't. It was a hard thing giving up carrying a weapon daily, it was almost worse than trying to stop smoking.

7. People that have the drive and desire to obtain their CCW do not take the responsibility lightly.

I have met people who have their ccw that I know for a fact do not need to legally be able to carry a gun because of the way they act and it is going to end up causing trouble.

I could use one specific person as an example that 90% of this forum knows and would agree with me on.

Trust me,I'm on your side but I don't agree with number 7.

I have met people who have their ccw that I know for a fact do not need to legally be able to carry a gun because of the way they act and it is going to end up causing trouble.

I could use one specific person as an example that 90% of this forum knows and would agree with me on.

Trust me,I'm on your side but I don't agree with number 7.

that was my whole point earlier... :D

KillJoy

You are not prohibited from carrying at the fair, you just cant go in the buildings.

We had that issue here in Knox county a few years back. Fortunately one of the three county commissioners comes to my office, I told him about it and the next day the signs were down. It seems the sheriff up here did not read the law and was wrong by prohibiting carry on the grounds.

We have great commissioners here in Know county, I know two of the three and they are pro CCW.