PS3 Problem reading disc

Duff1647545513

So I just got home from work and wanted to get a round of COD in before I went to put this roof on, and my PS3 decided it doesn't want to read any discs now. I thought it might have just been the game, so i tried other games and a movie, but got nothing. It doesn't even sound like it's attempting to read the disc. Has anyone had this problem? Is it a simple fix or do I have to send this bitch in to get fixed? It's a 40gig that's not even a year old yet and it worked perfectly fine last night.

yeah mine did that about 3 months ago, when this happens, there is nothing you can do but send it in for repair/replacement

shitty cheap blu-ray lasers

but i will give them credit, i got my box in like 4 days, got it sent back top them in 1 day, and they got it back to me in like 5 more days

can't be mad at

by the way, i got a home beta invitation that i am not using, don't think i can transfer it to somebody else though

yeah mine did that about 3 months ago, when this happens, there is nothing you can do but send it in for repair/replacement

but i will give them credit, i got my box in like 4 days, got it sent back top them in 1 day, and they got it back to me in like 5 more days

can't be mad at

by the way, i got a home beta invitation that i am not using, don't think i can transfer it to somebody else though

If you can transfer the beta invitation I'd love to take it off your hands!!!

can't be mad at

Did they charge you for the repair and/or shipping? Curious as I've heard a few people having to go this route. Wanna know in case it happens to me.

as long as you can provide proof of purchase, copy of receipt, and still be within the warranty period as i was. they will do it for free

i met all those criteria, so they didn't charge me a dime

i'm sure they will still fix it out of warranty, but not for free, i heard a price of like $100-150 O.O.W.

I was playing GH:WT and mine just froze up. Restarted it and now it won't play Blu-ray discs. I'm very pissed right now. I have 700 bucks in games, a logitech G25 with playseat($600), and all the guitar heros peripherals so I have to buy another one or get this one fixed.