03 04 cobra ?'s

Guest dsm8u

OK guys i bought a 04 cobra a few months ago and ive been looking on lots of other sites and cant seem to find the answer 2 my questions.And i know some of u own cobras.

ok my car is preety much stock now.besides exhaust work,and upgraded clutch.i want to add a smaller supercharger pully.so what is one of the better pulley 2 go after?and also what else do i need besides just a blower pulley?or is that it?Any advise would be great.and again im new to the cobra cars so please dont hate too hard.lol.thanks.

check out svtperformance.com and modularfords.com

i have the pulley set-up from doug at billetflow. check out billetflow.com, and get their pulleys, and idlers. if you're dead set on keeping the eaton, and want to get the most boost then buy a 2.93" blower pulley, with a 4lb crank pulley. buy the idler kit from doug and the snub idler as well (gives you more belt wrap on the blower pulley). you will need a bigger alternator pulley, so you don't fry the alternator by spinning it too fast. don't forget colder plugs (NGK TR6's), and less plug gap. get an SCT tuner, a new blower belt, and give brian at dynotune motorsports a call for some dyno time.

avoid mail-in tunes. they are inaccurate. plenty of blown motors from mail order tunes. also, your fuel pumps/injectors might be ok at that level, but maybe not. once you get near 475-500rwhp, you need to think about a boost-a-pump (or twin ford GT pumps), 60lb injectors, and a bigger mass air capacity.

if you want to 'just get your feet wet', go with a 2.76" blower pulley, the snub idler, and the idler kit from billetflow (replaces all the stock stamped pulleys, which are known to randomly grenade for no reason). plugs, SCT tuner, and some dyno brian time and you'll be at 450-460 rwhp and tq. you can reuse the stock blower belt length with that set up.

here's a pic of my car with that exact set up. i ported the blower and made 505 rwhp, but needed injectors, boost a pump, and mass air to get there. you can see how much more belt wrap is produced by the 'snub idler'. billetflow pulleys are 'hands down' the best out there.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8508/s35000132je.jpg

the 2.76 pulley is really the smallest you can get and reliably have no issues with belt slippage on the blower. instead of going with a 2lb crank pulley to get around 525 rwhp, i just went with the whipple. another member on this site has my old blower and can attest to the power of a ported/pullied eaton--they scream like no other