Anybody Else Watching OSU vs Oaklahoma?

TTQ B4U

rumor has it, if missouri knoks off OU in big12 game, then texas could go to NC game, Which i think is total bullshit, you need to win your conference to go. georgia didn't go last year, michigan didn't go 2 years ago. But I would love to see a mizzou upset

I agree with you to a certain extent - winning your conference championship seems somewhat of a commensensical prerequisite for playing in the National Championship game. However, I think we'd all agree that this year has been/would be much different that in years past wherein a team that didn't win it's conference (Nebraska in 2001 and Oklahoma in 2004 come to mind) still went on to play for the National Championship. Specifically, if Oklahoma got upset by Missouri, I don't think many people would be that upset that Texas would "slide" into the National Championship game.

Also, another point: if we made it a prerequisite that a team win its conference championship to play for a National Championship, then no independent (e.g., Notre Dame) would ever be allowed to play, since they have no conference to win. Of course, that would be fine with me, since I loathe Notre Dame... :)

Big 12 is to be blamed not the BCS for this fuck up. Texas had the hardest time out of Texas Tech, Oklahoma and themselves. They didn't have a home game against either TT or OU!! They played @TT and on a neutral site against Oklahoma. Worst part is they beat Oklahoma by 10. I could see an argument for OU if they had lost to Texas by 1-3 points on a last second miracle. But not when they lost by 10!

Florida will roll Oklahoma if they play in the NCG. Bob Stoops sucks more in big games then Jim Tressel in recent years. Now that is pretty fucking sad.