Adding Ipod adapter

hotassAMG

I was thinking about getting my boyfriend an Ipod for Christmas, but I know that he will want to be able to listen to it in his car. His current car does not have a hook up for the Ipod, but I have heard that you can purchase these and install them yourself. I don't want the kind that plays through the radio since they don't really work that well!! Does anyone have any ideas on where and what I could get. (He drives a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V). I would appreciate any help!

I was thinking about getting my boyfriend an Ipod for Christmas, but I know that he will want to be able to listen to it in his car. His current car does not have a hook up for the Ipod, but I have heard that you can purchase these and install them yourself. I don't want the kind that plays through the radio since they don't really work that well!! Does anyone have any ideas on where and what I could get. (He drives a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V). I would appreciate any help!

CC or Best Buy. $50-$75 range.

I had an iTrip for my iPod and I did not like it at all! I couldn't use it anywhere in Columbus because there was so much static being picked up from other stations.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I wound up getting the iPod interface (especially since that is what Steve wanted and he is the one that I am buying the iPod for but I guess it just won't be a surprise).

USA-SPEC; no problems, controls iPod with all steering wheel controls, worth the extra price

I got a USA-Spec because its one of the few brands that makes one for volvos. Although, I get a lot of static with mine with an ipod touch. Maybe other ipods too, I havn't tested it fully. I think my unit is just a tad defective, otherwise it works great it plugs in to where the cd changer would plug in on the head unit.

By all means don't do the fm mod route. I am sorry for anyone this offends but bestbuy will bend you over on the price. If you want the best call 478-5033 and ask for Tony or Tom. They will beat any price in town and provide you with the best available product.