Tax return pre-spending list

SJC1000rr

So what are you all going to burn your returns on? Me, I have been looking for new gear and bike upgrades for the 09 season. But, I'm looking for opinions on the items I have picked. I'm looking for info on better deals or equipment from persons that have used or know of issues (positive or negative) with what is below.

Galfer SS brake lines-Black- $100-150

Motovation Frame Sliders (No Cut)-$130

Shift SR-1 Black/Silver Suit-$899

Shift SR-1 Gloves Black/Silver-$129.95

Scorpion EXO-400 Rebel Matte Black Helmet-$169.95

Alpinestars S-MX 4 Boots,-Silver(Black/Silver)-$199.95

Is there any reason to get the Galfer Superbike vs Standard SS brake lines for street/commute and maybe a trackday or two?

I know about the sliders cut/no cut so we'll skip by this one ;)

I know Aaron has a great deal on the Astar SG-1, so I am between that in Black and the Shift suit...which I find to be more appealing cosmetically. And matching gloves.

Helmet, I currently have a 5 year old Vega helmet. Its got plenty of scratches and scuffs from dropping it a few times on the rear from about 3-4 ft high. I don't want to break the bank on a Shoei, and none of the Arai's really caught my eye.

Boots, I was looking for something matching but a starter set for spirited rides and track days. I'm open to option on this one.

Edited by SJC1000rr

you will not need the superbike lines at all, you honestly won't use them to their potential at all. the sbk lines are geared for the hardcore trackday rider/racer.

your normal SS lines will do you just fine, trust me.

i know someone that can hook you up with any galfer product, just let me know.

front lines for ~65 dollars plus cost of bolts and fittings, if you get all custom it will be more obviously (~+25), but if you do normal it should be more than 10-15 dollars on top of the 64.

you also want to get your gear before you upgrade your bike. remember you are more important...

motomaddness.com This site has some wicked gear. I love em.

You want GALFER SS get them here for $40. Custom Length and color. Though this price doesnt include banjos. Banjos are about are about $10 each.

http://moto-madness.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=342_350_351&products_id=290

Theis link is for HEL SS custom lines. They have 6 colors to choose from. no upcharge up to a 38" length. You can also get any banjo set up/combination you want. striaght, 45 deg., 90 deg. Again no charge.

http://moto-madness.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=342_350_351&products_id=845

I do my best to be + or - $100 each year. If I get a return of $200 or more I did it wrong. I don't let the government borrow my money interest free. That being said' date=' I am getting an $88 return. Guess I did it right, almost. I'd rather owe the $88 but it's very hard to gauge every year with over time and what-not.[/quote']

+1 You sound like my father...I follow the same thinking. I bumped up my withholdongs to try and break even this year. Last year I owed big bucks.

I do my best to be + or - $100 each year. If I get a return of $200 or more I did it wrong. I don't let the government borrow my money interest free. That being said' date=' I am getting an $88 return. Guess I did it right, almost. I'd rather owe the $88 but it's very hard to gauge every year with over time and what-not.[/quote']

hahaha. I wish I had ur dedication. I usually get back 5 or 6 k b/c I have so many itemized deductions and don't mind the govt borrowing from me since I would spend it on shoes throughout the year anyway. :D This year I'm paying off my second mortgage that I still had from my divorce. Ladies don't ever be stupid enough to mortgage your equity to pay off some idiots motorcycles! Glad I learn from my mistakes. ;) Hey I'm tired and I have no guard on my fingers tonight!!!

I'm buying wood floors for my new living room!!!!! woo hoo!!

ananda....I would check out lumber liquidators on the west side (I believe it's off of fisher road???). I'm purchasing about 1000 sq ft from them tomorrow to finally replace my existing bamboo and I'm saving close to $1500 going through them. And if you don't know what you're doing pay someone. My brother and me laid my downstairs last year and many many mistakes were made that could have been alleviated with an expert. You can find a decent priced contractor especially with the way the economy is right now. Tons of people are out of work and will bid for work now. Also make sure that WOOD flooring is their specialty and ask for pics of previous jobs. Just an FYI. I always enlighten people to MY mistakes so they don't repeat them. ;):D

ananda....I would check out lumber liquidators on the west side (I believe it's off of fisher road???). I'm purchasing about 1000 sq ft from them tomorrow to finally replace my existing bamboo and I'm saving close to $1500 going through them. And if you don't know what you're doing pay someone. My brother and me laid my downstairs last year and many many mistakes were made that could have been alleviated with an expert. You can find a decent priced contractor especially with the way the economy is right now. Tons of people are out of work and will bid for work now. Also make sure that WOOD flooring is their specialty and ask for pics of previous jobs. Just an FYI. I always enlighten people to MY mistakes so they don't repeat them. ;):D

Thanks! I always appreciate hearing what others who have been through it have to say. I did go to lumber liquidators and already got a few samples :). The living room is only about 300 sq ft so it shouldn't be too terribly expensive.

Thanks! I always appreciate hearing what others who have been through it have to say. I did go to lumber liquidators and already got a few samples :). The living room is only about 300 sq ft so it shouldn't be too terribly expensive.

Ya I'm redoing my ENTIRE first floor including ripping up the carpeting in my family room. I'm selling the first moment the housing market turns around so I'm doing everything to make it buy worthy. hehe. I'm also putting in granite counter tops...kinda excited about that one. Anyhoo in 2 weeks it should look like a magazine pic. Well hopefully....:D

Why the little laughing guy?

Pratt's got some good advice there. I just finished putting down a wood floor for my parents and it turned out fantastic. We got the wood from Lumber Liquidators, too. :lol: b/c 1000 sq. ft. of experience isn't that much experience.

Ya I'm redoing my ENTIRE first floor including ripping up the carpeting in my family room. I'm selling the first moment the housing market turns around so I'm doing everything to make it buy worthy. hehe. I'm also putting in granite counter tops...kinda excited about that one. Anyhoo in 2 weeks it should look like a magazine pic. Well hopefully....:D

Where you going?

Pratt's got some good advice there. I just finished putting down a wood floor for my parents and it turned out fantastic. We got the wood from Lumber Liquidators, too. :lol: b/c 1000 sq. ft. of experience isn't that much experience.

So how did you teach yourself how to do it? just out of curiousity

Where you going?

I'm looking to purchase some land and rebuild. ;) Staying in Cbus...I LOVE my job!:D

Also laying floor isn't that hard if your home is a bit older. My NEW home has crooked walls etc etc. It made laying the floors downstairs quite difficult. It's a Rockford so what do u expect.

IDK... I learned a lot of woodworking stuff from my dad so this was pretty easy to do. Learning to work a pneumatic floor nailer is pretty simple. The most difficult part is the finish work like the first/last rows and cutting boards to fit along walls, registers, etc. This is where it helps to have experience using saws and drills.