WTF CBS saying UF is #2

kenny

After the last two years I have little faith of us winning any bowl game...

I think, unfortuntely, we just happened to run into two teams the past two years that we matched up poorly against.

Both Florida and LSU have speedy, mobile teams, especially on defense. In both games, OSU got behind, which took them out of their usual gameplan. Unfortunately for OSU, getting behind allowed both Florida and LSU to exercise their speed and mobility on defense: they could pin their ears back and rush the quarterback mercilessly, as, in both cases, they knew OSU would be forced to throw in playing catch-up. No excuse, just an explanation, from the way I see it. In both cases, OSU deserved to lose. It is what it is. A similar thing happened last night to Alabama - did you see what Florida's pass-rush did to them in the latter half of the fourth quarter? Bama got behind, and it was lights out for the quarterback.

This year is a different story. For one, our defensive line is much more aggressive, mobile, and fast. If you think back, it was our defensive line that essentially won the NCG against Miami. Not that our defensive line is the same as that defensive line, but there are comparisons. Also, Texas (our likely opponent) isn't as fast on either side of the ball as what Florida is/was and LSU was. We match up much better with them than, say, Florida. I really like our chances against Texas. I'm willing to bet that OSU's defense will be far better than anything they faced this year. And, if Pryor and the offense progresses like they can in this two months off, then they will be able to put up a good amount of points against Texas.

BTW, Kenny, I quoted you, but my response isn't as much a response to you specifically as it is just me saying stuff that I'm thinking about. I realize your comment didn't warrant all of my yapping. :)

It isn't so much our guys that I have little faith in - it's Tressel's lack of manlyness.

I do think we stand a much better chance vs. Texas than anyone else, but with how predictable Tressel is I can see them picking us apart. Hopefully I'm wrong, I would love to see Colt McDowns and Mac Brown take another beating from us. Hell, if Hamby could catch that would make three straight. Ohwell, welcome to NCAA football.

No worries on the long post part - it gives me something entertaining to read at work. :)

I'm just tired of hearing him called Superman. Media sack riding, no matter who it is, annoys the hell out of me.

Agree with you completely. There are very few announcers that don't annoy the fuck out of me. Those two last night on CBS are huge Florida/SEC fanboys.

Agree with you completely. There are very few announcers that don't annoy the fuck out of me. Those two last night on CBS are huge Florida/SEC fanboys.

Even as a Florida fan (I'm an OSU fan too, btw) I can't stand those announcers. That Danielson guy is a douche, and other guys like Todd Blackledge are just as bad

Ryan Hamby, LOL.

I remember there were reports of him receiving death threats through e-mail after the game. Shits messed up...

Werd.

The dude DID have at least three chances to catch that single pass, though. :lol:

Poor guy will never live that one down.

It isn't so much our guys that I have little faith in - it's Tressel's lack of manlyness.

I do think we stand a much better chance vs. Texas than anyone else, but with how predictable Tressel is I can see them picking us apart. Hopefully I'm wrong, I would love to see Colt McDowns and Mac Brown take another beating from us. Hell, if Hamby could catch that would make three straight. Ohwell, welcome to NCAA football.

No worries on the long post part - it gives me something entertaining to read at work. :)

Yup, agreeing completely with you again - Tressel has been so fucking predictable in the past three big games we've had - Florida, LSU, and USC - that it's been nauseating. If he opts to take the same approach to this game, then Texas will pick us apart as well.

I'm applauding your Hamby reference - well done on that one. :cool: Yup, I can still remember that play; he soooo should have caught that one. While we are at it, allow me to use this space to curse Lima Sweed.

oklahoma scores 65 points on florida no problem

LOL

Florida's defense is nothing special, I mean half their d-line is injured and they don't even have any seniors starting, but they aren't a bunch of pushovers. I'd be surprised if OU gets half that.

Ryan Hamby didn't lose that game against Texas. tOSU had the ball inside the Texas 30 3x's and failed to score a TD!! Add to the fact that we was rotating qb's and they happened to have 1 great college qb.

Tebow is the only guy I see that has a shot of tying Archies record of Heismans, and honestly he could have 3 bedore its over with. He wont leave early for the draft because he is not a pro qb. Sorry to the guy that thinks he is, but he's not. I dont think he's a TE either, I can see him being used as a TE. He is very raw still as a qb, but who knows really

Florida will not give up 65 to Oklahoma, hell I bet they don't even give up more then 21. Everyone was talking about how weak the Big12's defenses were just a few weeks ago, now all a sudden Oklahoma is world beaters? Go talk to Texas about that!! I think the outcome of this game will be much like the 06 NCG and again in the favor of Florida. The only team that I think can matchup with and beat Florida is USC and thats it!

OSU is 4-0 in bowl games against the big12 including 2 BCS game wins Texas A&M and Kansas State. Not to mention 2-1 in the last 10 years in the regular season against them as well

Agreed that Tebow will stay in school. He isn't a pro-caliber QB, YET. If he had to, he could throw 40 times a game and put up huge numbers. But Florida is so good that he doesn't need to.

He has all the potential in the world to be a good NFL quarterback, all he needs is coaching in a pro-style offense. He won't be a Peyton Manning, but don't be surprised if he becomes a starter at some point. But like you said, who really knows, it's still way too early to tell.

I don't think it will be a blowout, but I expect Florida to win by at least 10.