Uh oh I broke something...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Driving my car tonight on my way to my gf's house and all of a sudden theres a loud bang followed by jerking motion. Get the car off the road into a parking lot. Turn car off and turn back on, runs fine. So I know the motor didn't blow up.

Put car in gear and try to drive, will not go anywhere. Put car in nuetral, take foot off clutch and car dies. Towed the car to my gf's house, while pushing it into her garage we noticed that the car is jerky and kinda hops when the tires are being rotated.

WTF did I break?

I'm thinking either an Axle, clutch or transmission...

The last couple days the car has not wanted to go into gear at times. It does this until you turn the car off, let it sit for a couple hours then it shifts normally. Kinda wierd and might not even be related to issue but just throwing that out there

By the way the trans is from a 97 Accord EX....all help is appriciated

Hopefully its just an axle because I have lifetime warranties on 90-93 teg axles which is what is used in this swap

I already have a spare transmission and if it takes you a whole weekend to swap out a honda tranny then you dont need to touch a wrench again. Its a 2hour job. I just dont wanna have to lay in a cold garage for 2 hours pulling a replacing a transmission. But more then likely this is what I'll be doing one day this week :(

My vote is the clutch, either way you have to pull your tranny so get it out and take it about to see what happened. If your clutch is grenaded then you know what it is. If it looks fine then its time to go deeper. You could of had it out already with all the time you spent posting on CR.:D

I haven't tried putting the car in gear and rolling it. The car is at my gf's parents house so I have to wait til either tomorrow or tuesday to tear into it..

The other thing I forgot to mention was the car has a high idle. The reason I mention this is because before this happened the car would pull its self while in gear if you didn't even have your foot on the gas pedal. Now when you put it in neutral and take your foot off the clutch, it dies. I am going to replace both axles regardless. I have lifetime warranties on them haha. I just hope its not a clutch because I dont have the cash flow right now to be replacing one of those. Odds are it will be a clutch with my luck haha.

If it's the clutch or tranny, why would it hop when you move it?

Good question. I say its the axle because its acting just like a broken one by not wanting to move in gear. The only thing that has me thrown off is the stalling out while in neutral. I guess we'll solve this mystery later on this week when I tear it apart to find out whats wrong.