Optimum No Rinse

SSick06

Has anyone used this? Any opinions, I have heard many opinions going both ways just curious if anyone has had luck with it

Here is a link for it...

http://autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

Justin

Andy here endorses the method, not just that particular product though....IIRC he said a few of the others are just as god.

I'm still needing to get some on order.

He posted a nice review/process to its use just recently.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58399

yea i read that and he had mentioned a few other products, just curious about the optimum people had been talking about it on another forum wanted to see if anyone around here had ever used it...that was a great post he had though i did read it sort of sparked my interest more

I'm currently using the Optimum over the QEW that was in my origional post.

though I really have no preference between the two. I buy whichever one I can get my hands on the cheapest when i'm ordering as they're both outstanding products.

I'm with Todd here...not sure how I'd wash my vehicle without them in the winter.

Andy

Are you guys using the ONR on dark vehicles? I heard the troubles come with the darker colors with creating swirls and marks. My SS is black and i know how hard it is to keep looking good because it shows EVERYTHING thats why i ask. Seems to be a good product though

Are you guys using the ONR on dark vehicles? I heard the troubles come with the darker colors with creating swirls and marks. My SS is black and i know how hard it is to keep looking good because it shows EVERYTHING thats why i ask. Seems to be a good product though

Yes. My black Audi is washed exclusively with ONR or similar products in the winter. You need to be very attentive to proper technique. I personally wipe one direction with my wash sponge / mit flip it over, wipe the other direction and then go straight to the rinse bucket with that mit to wash it out. What willl cause issues is if you're working in a heavily soil'd areas without frequently washing out your mit or sponge. I also put some of the wash solution in a spray bottle and pre-spray each pannel prior to washing them I don't use alot here, about a 12oz bottle of liquid per car. Despite the manufacturers claiming this doesn't need to be done I do it for peace of mind.

Also a soft porus sponge or log nap Sheepskin or Lambswool mit are best to use with these products as it's got surface area or pockets to pull the dirt into as you're wiping along rather than wiping it into the surface of the paint.

Also: If the car / truck is heavily soiled spend $1.50 and go to a quarter car wash and pressure wash the heavily soiled areas first to knock off any of the big chunks. From there you should be good.