Project Concept

KillJoy

Since the Marauder is gone, I have been thinking of other projects. I was considering getting a White Grand Marquis and doing a Marauder driveline swap and add a custom Eaton setup. However, recent events in the Marauder community have left me a little dis-heartened.

So, one of the other projects I have had in the back of my mind is this:

Jeep Wrangler TJ

V8 Swap

Boost

Wide Fender Flares

Wide Tires

LOWERED

I have never heard of this being done, and the fact that this thing would see about ZERO Trail Time, makes me think this COULD be kind of cool.

A Supercharged 5.9 + 4WD = FUN!!!

Thoughts....?

KillJoy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
glad you arent doing the first idea...that would be really dumb since you just sold a the marauder... but the jeep idea is pretty neat, ide have to see it though... maybe someone can chop it

I think that's interesting and different, but I would because I'm a Jeep squirrel.

Fuel for the fire:

Maybe go with a Cherokee and the NP242 t-case (Full-time 4x4, similar to AWD). It's a little longer wheelbase and you can still get decent axles for it (D44 or the 8.25 29-spline). Hell, if you did a Grand Cherokee you ditch the leaf springs and you'd be able to buy an Eibach pro-kit for it, as well as the possibility of finding one already set with a V8. V8 GC's are not real hard to come by for cheap and offer a decent ride (and many of them are part-time 4x4 as well).

Also, Deathwobble shouldn't be an issue if all of your steering parts are in good shape and the alignment is right.

You've obviously never driven a jeep with "death wobble."

Google it.

A Wrangler is not a race car, not matter what wheels, tires, or engine you put in it.

1st who ever said u needed to go fast. a 4bt with those upgrades wont be

"fast" it would be fun.

oh an ive owned several wranglers.....so i must not know about them and own a cherokee right now too...:rolleyes:

Also

I wouldn't choose a Jeep to be a 140+ highway machine either, by the way, but I think something along those lines and some boost would be an awesome DD.

Highway?

HAHA!!!

I was thinking of a 1/4 Mile kind of fun project..... Imagine that wunning 11's :D

KillJoy

Highway?

HAHA!!!

I was thinking of a 1/4 Mile kind of fun project..... Imagine that wunning 11's :D

KillJoy

Yeah, I really don't think it would take much. They don't weigh a whole lot to begin with. I'm not sure about the Wranglers, but I think the Cherokees are usually around 3300lbs. Not super light, but alot lighter than the new breed of bloated "muscle cars".

1st who ever said u needed to go fast. a 4bt with those upgrades wont be

"fast" it would be fun.

oh an ive owned several wranglers.....so i must not know about them and own a cherokee right now too...:rolleyes:

He's talking about taking it down the 1/4 mile and trying to run 11's in a Wrangler. He wants to lower it, put big wheels on it, put wide fenders on it, and try to make it a sports car. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Now if you're mud bogging, sand dragging, etc., go for it.

He's talking about taking it down the 1/4 mile and trying to run 11's in a Wrangler. He wants to lower it, put big wheels on it, and try to make it a sports car. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Now if you're mud bogging, sand dragging, etc., go for it.

Thanks for your opinion, now, stay the fuck out of my Thread.

Thank you.

:gtfo:

KillJoy

I think that using a late 80s yj would be better for sake of the extra weight of the diesel. They had leaf springs all the way around and I think it would be easier to modify the suspension to handle the weight by just replacing the leafs in the front with something that has a higher weight capacity.