Project Concept

KillJoy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've obviously never driven a jeep with "death wobble."

Google it.

A Wrangler is not a race car, not matter what wheels, tires, or engine you put in it.

Buy a Lincoln LS and put an 03/04 Cobra motor in it.

Death wobble is usually related with bad scrub radius and loose components in the driveline. Its also more a front exle problem when it starts to "wrap" and bounce like a rear axle.

Death wobble is usually related with bad scrub radius and loose components in the driveline. Its also more a front exle problem when it starts to "wrap" and bounce like a rear axle.

It could be a number of things, but the main causes are poor alignment (easy fix), loose trackbar mounts, worn out steering stabilizer, and/or bad ball joints.

Sometimes it only shows itself in certain driving situations. I was driving one for a while that was fine in most driving, but when I would do something aggressive on asphalt it would start vibrating and get worse with each oscillation until I brought the vehicle to a stop. That's when the shifter hit me in the leg. Again, these were very aggressive maneuvers, but I've seen and heard of it on a lot of cars, and it can come out of the blue. That's why I don't think it's a good platform for an asphalt drag racer. Sand, gravel, rock, mud...go for it.

so you didn't maintain your jeep and it tries to kill you?

I saw a lowered 2wd jeep last summer looked pretty good

Meh, it was brand new but heavily tested. (read: ragged on)

It's a very common problem though. Bushings wear out, especially soft ones.

The pics of the green one are interesting. You'd need to do some metal work to make a new hood and front fender, but it looks...interesting. The steering would have to be completely different for it to be worth driving.

By interesting, I hope you mean ugly as sin.

It reminds me of a cross between the MR2-Mini (In profile), and an old Mail truck.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/MiniMR2_files/mini1.jpg

http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/Photos/Toys/Danbury/DanburyPostalSide.JPG