E-46 M3?

dover

White - I have been fortunate not going to lie there :D

Yeah but your out there serving our country, which is more than most can say, not just chilling back at home with mom and dad's trust fund (or wherever you got your money) and that I thank you for sir.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, on R3V? whats he want for it? Ive already got a swapped money pit of my own, but whats one more?

Not sure where it's posted. It's a dark Charcoal one owned by a female. They want big money for it in my opinion but I suppose they are fetching good numbers these days.

PM me if you've got more interest and I can put you in touch.

I had the same decision in front of me a while back- I was between the E46 M3, C5 Z06, C6 Z51, and 03-04 Cobra.

I already had a 90 5.0 coupe with a blower and h/c/i that ran high 11s and consistent low 12s that I daily drove for four years. I got sick of its rawness however so was leaning away from the cobra as it was built on the same 1979 platform and was still pretty raw in comparison to the other cars and could never handle equally well short of making it a oregon trail riding race car.

I have the privilege of driving whatever car I want on a short "test" track. and I drove an E46 M3 neat idle sound, very nice interior, very civilized, muscular looking but soft at the same time- it is a sweet car but not the same performer as a c5 z06. The c6 Z51 I never drove, but my dad got an 08 LS3 c6 and it was not raw enough- it is faster but feels so much more refined until you give it hell it feels slower. And I really prefer the fixed roof/trunk body style. I drive my 03 Z which I bought as a single owner car with 12,300 miles every day there isn't snow or salt on the ground and I fall back in love with it every time I get in it. I could drive it in the salt as well but I dont see the point as my 120K mile 4wd explorer does it much better ;)

Someday I may get a E46 m3 but if I were to go german I think I would rather have a porsche 951 with an upgraded turbo or a modified 79-90 930 for a track car or for a daily a 95-97 twin turbo awd 996- but I would never sell the z06 for one of those cars-

My dad had a 67 vette and then two 914s, a 924, and a factory wide body cab 911 before going back to corvettes. I think it really comes down to how badly you need a back seat and what kind of performance level you desire. The z06 does not have the ride quality of the m3 so for 4-5 hour drives you may prefer the m3 or c6 corvette. When I first got my zo6 I thought I was going to puke as I went over expansion strips on the freeway at a rhythmic pace- but I hadn't eaten all day and I have since gotten accustomed to it.

BTW to all the closet wealth haters- who cares where he gets his money...he didn't ask how he could afford either he asked a performance oriented automotive group for a comparison of the cars.

I had the same decision in front of me a while back- I was between the E46 M3, C5 Z06, C6 Z51, and 03-04 Cobra.

I already had a 90 5.0 coupe with a blower and h/c/i that ran high 11s and consistent low 12s that I daily drove for four years. I got sick of its rawness however so was leaning away from the cobra as it was built on the same 1979 platform and was still pretty raw in comparison to the other cars and could never handle equally well short of making it a oregon trail riding race car.

I have the privilege of driving whatever car I want on a short "test" track. and I drove an E46 M3 neat idle sound, very nice interior, very civilized, muscular looking but soft at the same time- it is a sweet car but not the same performer as a c5 z06. The c6 Z51 I never drove, but my dad got an 08 LS3 c6 and it was not raw enough- it is faster but feels so much more refined until you give it hell it feels slower. And I really prefer the fixed roof/trunk body style. I drive my 03 Z which I bought as a single owner car with 12,300 miles every day there isn't snow or salt on the ground and I fall back in love with it every time I get in it. I could drive it in the salt as well but I dont see the point as my 120K mile 4wd explorer does it much better ;)

Someday I may get a E46 m3 but if I were to go german I think I would rather have a porsche 951 with an upgraded turbo or a modified 79-90 930 for a track car or for a daily a 95-97 twin turbo awd 996- but I would never sell the z06 for one of those cars-

My dad had a 67 vette and then two 914s, a 924, and a factory wide body cab 911 before going back to corvettes. I think it really comes down to how badly you need a back seat and what kind of performance level you desire. The z06 does not have the ride quality of the m3 so for 4-5 hour drives you may prefer the m3 or c6 corvette. When I first got my zo6 I thought I was going to puke as I went over expansion strips on the freeway at a rhythmic pace- but I hadn't eaten all day and I have since gotten accustomed to it.

BTW to all the closet wealth haters- who cares where he gets his money...he didn't ask how he could afford either he asked a performance oriented automotive group for a comparison of the cars.

Thanks I appreciate the great information. I think I have thus concluded my search of M3's in the Texas/Louisiana area. I figure if I am going to spend a good amount on a car I should get what I want. And so far I either find the color scheme I want but in vert, or I find the smg tranny, or stupid high miles. I honestly have yet to find a low mile 6 speed carbon black M3. So as of the past couple days I have been researching C5 Z06's. I have fell in love with a couple so we will see what happens when I return state side. I will look in to some C6's though. I had a good buddy of mine buy one and it was nice and all but he ended up trading for an 08 335i and says he wouldn't go back. Again thanks for the Info I will deff calculate that in when it comes down to it.

96Ragtop

- And no this does not mean I am buying you a car haha :D

I do love the 6.0L GTO problem being it's like the new vette or honda of the year down here, it seems like every faggot at Fort Polk went out and bought a GTO after the Afghan Deployment. So no shit there is like 30+ down here. I do really like the M3 interior. Z06 isnt to shitty I figure I can do some Sparco Milano's or some Recaro's in it to make it alittle bit more comfortable. I just wish it was easier to find an M3 that I want. Who knows though one could pop up in the next couple weeks that is right up my alley.

Werd, I know what you mean on that. I hate having a car that everyone else has. I think the C5 would be like that as well.

Also know what you mean about finding a M3. I was looking at one here and it sold like two hours before I got to the dealer. It was still there, taunting me. Looking back I'm glad I didn't buy it though, student loan bills ftl.

I still want one, maybe in a year or two when I get some shit dealt with.

Is there a particular interior color you're gong after?

**IL CB / Black 6-speed**

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=242490&highlight=Carbon+Black

**far away CB / Black 6-speed**

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=242490&highlight=Carbon+Black

**NJ CB / Cinnamon initeriorm my favorite interior for CB paint , and a good buy at the current 25K asking price. 6-speed**

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=229163&highlight=Carbon+Black

The 03.5 cars have have the LED tails, and are the start of the run of cars that no longer required the Rod Bearing recall done.

Thanks Andy I was checking those out earlier, I am also a member of E46Fanatics.com, so I have been just tearing through there forsale threads. I have found a couple that look promising. I'll see how these guys feel about waiting a couple weeks.