service vehicle, abs, and trac light no??!!??

yellowsnake

its a 2001 pontiac ga. i just replaced the wheel bearings about a year ago or so but i think one might be going bad now. when driving the car its fine and then once in a while when your stopping, and at an almost complete stop it will act like the abs is kicking in. the service vehicle soon, abs and trac off light comes on. but not all the time, almost like once it gets warm

its a 2001 pontiac ga. i just replaced the wheel bearings about a year ago or so but i think one might be going bad now. when driving the car its fine and then once in a while when your stopping, and at an almost complete stop it will act like the abs is kicking in. the service vehicle soon, abs and trac off light comes on. but not all the time, almost like once it gets warm

hook up scan tool and have a buddy watch the speed sensors while you drive usually one of them will bounce around a little when your stopped if its bad

Had the same problem... bought new aftermarket wheel bearings with wheel sensors included for less than a stock wheel sensor... no more problem.

Like already said, it's most likely a wiring issue. Trace the wires to the connector and make sure they're not pinched.

Or just pull the ABS fuse because ABS is gay anyway.

The wheel speed sensor or a broken wire is most likely the cause. I have seen many GM cars break the wire strands inside the insulation and can cause this. Usually happens where it passes across the pivot point from lower control arm to frame.

so i didn't find any burnt wires but there was a little water in the wires but not the connector. dried them out and still had the same thing so i said f@@k it and took the fuse out. is there any way i can get the ABS and the brake light to go off without tearing the dash apart?