Network gurus...HALP!

El Karacho1647545492

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you connected via wireless first, your computer will want to use that link.

Based on your ipconfig you have an IP but no default gateway, looks like you put a hard coded IP address on the interface and arent catching anything via dhcp. If that is the case, set it to get its IP via DHCP and get an address/mask/DG. No default gateway, no traffic that isn't going to the local wire.

My home LAN network seems to be down today.

you need a network like mine. grossly overpowered.

http://ryanhallarn.com/images/network.jpg

theres over a quarter mile of network cable going through my house + a wireless access point with the signal strength increased by a software mod. the router is using a modified version of IPCop. :)

you need a network like mine. grossly overpowered.

http://ryanhallarn.com/images/network.jpg

theres over a quarter mile of network cable going through my house + a wireless access point with the signal strength increased by a software mod. the router is using a modified version of IPCop. :)

This picture gave me a boner. Is that normal? Can I come over and help you "organize" your network wires one night? LOL

that pics sort of old. the wireless access point is now plugged in directly to the router and setup on a different subnet so if someone DOES manage to get past the RADIUS server security, they still can't touch computers on the wired network :)

all my neighbors have their wireless unprotected though, so I'm either not going to be targeted or it looks like I have something to hide.