Samsung Omnia > Storm

V8 Beast

There was a lot of time and energy spent on the Storm and this thing slid in unnoticed..

The Samsung Omnia™ is the all–in–one mobile device that helps keep even the busiest life in balance. This advanced, touch screen smartphone offers the very best in features and functionality – all accessed through a full–sized, customizable touch display with drag and drop Widgets. The Omnia is like a PC in your pocket, fully loaded with Windows® Mobile 6.1 Professional and Opera Mobile – a full HTML Web browser. It’s also part entertainment manager with a 5MP camera, a music player with FM radio and much more, all wrapped up in one sleek phone. It even has 8GB of internal memory available and support for up to a 16GB microSD™ card. VZ Navigatorsm, VZAppZonesm and BroadbandAccess Connect round out the impressive list of services.

Features

Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional

Rev. A Capable

Microsoft® Office Word Mobile, Excel® Mobile, and PowerPoint® Mobile; Adobe® Reader® LE PDF viewer

View, edit, create Word and Excel files; view only PowerPoint and PDF files; view, extract, create ZIP files

Opera™ Mobile browser

Wi-Fi Capable

Windows Media® Player Mobile

Memory: 256MB Flash/128MB RAM

(+ 8GB of additional internal memory)

Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (v2.0) including A2DP for Stereo

3.2" Display: 240x400 pixel; 64K color TFT

Optical Mouse Navigation

Advanced touch screen with customizable Widgets

5.0 megapixel camera w/auto–focus, zoom and video capture

microSD™ memory support (up to 16GB)

Voice command capable

Speakerphone

Business Card Reader

Security locking features

Text, Picture and Video messaging (MMS)

Wireless Sync capable

ActiveSync® (v4.5) and Windows Mobile Device Center®

BroadbandAccess Connect capable

Specifications

Dimensions: 4.4" (H) x 2.24" (W) x 0.52" (D)

Weight: 4.34 oz

Processor: MSM7500

Standard Battery – 1440 mAh

Usage: Up to 346 minutes OR

Standby: Up to 464 hours

SAR information: Head: 1.31 W/kg; Body: 1.11 W/kg

Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4

I had a chance to use one the other day. Its fast, responsive, and I couldnt pin point any real flaws. It also cost the same price as the storm but in my opinion is better. The optical mouse is great, and it goes into privacy mode just by turning it face down. If you were about to get a storm go to the store and check this out first... For $200 its worth every penny. I'm ordering one for my business line next month.

I would have bought that if It had a keyboard.

I like my new touch pro though :)

Minus the fact that Vzw made some seriously STUPID changes to it that every other cell company did not. I dont know why Vzw has there way with phones, why the F cant they just leave them alone? Why so many damned changes?

Its kinda funny though... they come all locked down and a week after they hit the market theres unlockers and roms all over the internet for them :D

Cool, but I'd never buy a Samsung phone.

Thats the exact same thing I said. My co-worker dragged me over and I stood there for like an hour in amazement. If you are driving by a store check it out.

Scott, if you dont need it for coorporate email, editing documents, etc then I would not suggest this. You have to add an unlimited broadband package on with it. You can get a normal phone and get unlimited internet for half the price.

I would have bought that if It had a keyboard.

I like my new touch pro though :)

Minus the fact that Vzw made some seriously STUPID changes to it that every other cell company did not. I dont know why Vzw has there way with phones, why the F cant they just leave them alone? Why so many damned changes?

Its kinda funny though... they come all locked down and a week after they hit the market theres unlockers and roms all over the internet for them :D

I wonder the same thing. At this point almost everything is unlimited anyway so why even do it????

^ they unlocked the Touch Pro and some are using the GPS now..

Again.. just another BS service they want money for. Maybe if Vzw wouldnt lock the SHIT out of their phones.. more people would buy new phones more often and renew contracts instead of going to other carries that offer more 'freedom'.

I dont even work for Vzw and I can see that!

Cell phones cause people to leave... or come to networks. PERIOD.

^ they unlocked the Touch Pro and some are using the GPS now..

Again.. just another BS service they want money for. Maybe if Vzw wouldnt lock the SHIT out of their phones.. more people would buy new phones more often and renew contracts instead of going to other carries that offer more 'freedom'.

I dont even work for Vzw and I can see that!

Cell phones cause people to leave... or come to networks. PERIOD.

I love my 6800 w/hacked gps / vz agps patch.

I get 8-10 satellites in seconds...

:nod:

I wouldn't bother with the G1 until you can get 3G, even then..it is kinda weaksauce.

:)

OMG IT HAS 3.5G! lol

Sprint wont have the G1, it will be on some other phone. Android will rule the world you just wait and see ol' buddy ol' pal, just like VAG ;)

OMG IT HAS 3.5G! lol

Sprint wont have the G1, it will be on some other phone. Android will rule the world you just wait and see ol' buddy ol' pal, just like VAG ;)

I would very much enjoy that, but current development is slow..

Windows Mobile 6.1 > Android

for now