stretch those legs?

Doc1647545523

Sunday looks like it's going to be a reasonable day to bring the Ducati out for a December ride. Predictions are for a partly-sunny day with a high temp of 50. I'm thinking of riding the triple niner north from the Zoo along the Scioto River on SR 257 up to US 42, then over to my (heated) garage in Delaware for a warm-up, then riding south on SR 315, stopping off near I-270 somewhere for coffee.

Anyone else up for a "leisurely" ride?

I'll be at the old entrance to the Zoo, parked right along Riverside Drive in front of the old Wyandot Inn (near the big red "Columbus Zoo" sign on Riverside Drive). I'm thinking noon would be a good departure time, which should put us back in Columbus for coffee between 2 and 4 p.m., depending on how long you want to lollygag in my garage. I have plenty of motorcycle clean-up supplies, chain lube, air compressor, and the like if you need to spruce the bike up a bit before putting it back to bed for a winter nap.

Post here or send me a PM if you're interested. If you decide to go, check the thread again Sunday morning in case the weather forces a change of plans.

I would so be down if I didn't have to work tomorrow. :(

Maybe I'll ride to work, though.

Wow! It's going to be brisk early in the morning. Stay warm.

I figured we'd be in the 40's by noon. They're forecasting 50 by 4 p.m. provided it doesn't rain.

Does the Lotus need it's legs streched too? I could help out with that.

:D yeah, actually it DID need to go out for a thrashing, but I took it out today when I saw the roads were relatively clean. I'll keep you in mind for next time it needs its rev limiter tested for endurance. :p

Bad news: The National Weather Service issued a severe wind advisory for our area for Sunday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Winds are forecast to be 20-25 mph with wind gusts of 40 mph. :eek: Not the kind of weather I ride in if I'm given the choice.

I will check the forecast again Sunday morning and post what I find. I will probably be out early for a short ride around Delaware (if the winds are calm) since the bike really needs to get out, but I don't want to encourage anyone to do any spirited riding in the afternoon in such tempestuous weather. No doubt a few of you are bolder than me.

"There are old bikers and there are bold bikers; but there are NO old, bold bikers. ;)

Watch for an update by yours truly around 8 a.m. Sunday.

If the ducati realy needs to get out ill be over an grad it from u lol ill ride anyways ha

Well, if you do go out tomorrow afternoon, watch that wind! Imagine a 40 mph gust hitting us when we were leaned over in that heavily banked 25 mph curve on SR203 last October. :eek: I would have very likely become a greasy smear on the road.

So much for riding to work then...

It may not be too bad if the commute is in-town. But if we really get the wind that's forecast, then I'm not gonna be out in the open countryside, swooping through the twisties.

:bs:

Come to think about it, I don't really "swoop" even under the best of conditions. It's more like an uncontrolled tumble, then a clumsy recovery. :nod:

:D yeah, actually it DID need to go out for a thrashing, but I took it out today when I saw the roads were relatively clean. I'll keep you in mind for next time it needs its rev limiter tested for endurance. :p

That's okay Doc, I wouldn't let me drive it either. Too bad you guys won't get to go out. My wife said if I ever quit spending money on the Camaro I can get a bike, so maybe in a few years.

It may not be too bad if the commute is in-town. But if we really get the wind that's forecast, then I'm not gonna be out in the open countryside, swooping through the twisties.

:bs:

Come to think about it, I don't really "swoop" even under the best of conditions. It's more like an uncontrolled tumble, then a clumsy recovery. :nod:

I'll look when I wake up in 6hrs. I've ridden in dumber conditions. :o

The wind advisory issued by the National Weather Service has now moved slightly west and north of us, but they are still forecasting fairly windy conditions and now there's a better chance of rain.

It's now too dicey to plan for this ride. :( If there's a break on the radar and the wind's not too bad, I'll be out around town for a shorter ride, then it's back under the cover for the Duc.

If I see another opportunity this winter for a ride, I'll post again.