CR Zombie Survival Guide

Drewhop

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm diggin that drop-leg side arm holster Scott. Is that available at say, a surplus store?

Leather motorcycle gear would be decent alternative to full blown body armor. Leather provides decent fluid protection and I don't know any man who can bite through my jacket. Puncture resistance is better than denim as well. I'm unsure if I could handle a firearm with my riding gloves tho.

BlackHawk, SKD, lots of places sell them.

Not sure if you'd find them at a surplus store, though.

In lieu of body armor, an oiled cotton duster is bite proof, not to mention being water/liquid proof, and easy to clean. They're also tougher than hell, and shed thorns/stickers/sharp edges like sheet steel. One other minor advantage is that it is slightly slick, making it easy to pull away from grasping hands.

Another requirement is a compact gas mask. Even one of the little ones that fit in a can is acceptable. In the zombiepocalypse, you are eventually going to find yourself in the presence of large amounts of rotting bodies or food, or toxic chemicals.

Also, if you carry a shotgun, pick up a couple packages of 12ga flare rounds. Fire is an effective zombie killer, especially if you can confine a number of them in a building. Just make sure it won't spread.

Another requirement is a compact gas mask. Even one of the little ones that fit in a can is acceptable. In the zombiepocalypse, you are eventually going to find yourself in the presence of large amounts of rotting bodies or food, or toxic chemicals.

better pack a rad suit too. with no one running the controls, lots of nuclear power plants will be going critical at some point. probably best to be way above the ground, or way below it. cheyenne mountain would be a good place to be.

Don't know if or why this has no been discussed, but it seems like this would be the only logical step, when traveling (probably not for everyday use).

http://www.neptunic.com/sharksuits_csuit.htm

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/sharksuits-cont.html

Seems like no zombie would have the bite force of a shark. In event of zombie infestation-- first thing I'm getting is the above. Said the first was 18pounds, now with titanium alloy and fibers, it would be just like normal clothing...

Also-- Steroids. With no one to control these substances, almost every survivor will be on them with the thought of trying to "up" the competition. I would think I would take small doses (read: try not to get addicted to new power) just to increase my power, speed, agility. Guns will help from a long range perspective, but hand-to-hand combat, you need to be able to overwhelm them.

Just my .02.

Also-- Steroids. With no one to control these substances, almost every survivor will be on them with the thought of trying to "up" the competition. I would think I would take small doses (read: try not to get addicted to new power) just to increase my power, speed, agility. Guns will help from a long range perspective, but hand-to-hand combat, you need to be able to overwhelm them.

Just my .02.

Negative on the steroids. They affect your judgment, emotional state, and effective intelligence. Bad idea to go on a roid rage while fighting zombies. Your only real advantage is intelligence, don't give it up.