CR Poker Night?

KillJoy

Anyone (preferrably on the West Side) ever get together for some cards? I used to play with a group for small $5 buy-ins and we had a lot of fun. Sadly, the organizer moved away, and no one has picked up the slack :(

Anyone up for a "regular" Texas Hold-Em Game?

Locations?

KillJoy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a heated garage they would be willing to let folks use?

Our Garage is deteched, and non-finished. Although, a propane Heater keeps things decent.

A garage would allow smoking (cigars ;) ) and not piss off the wife. :D

KillJoy

Okay, see, now you're already starting to get ghetto, talking about having people over in a cold ass garage with some propane heater.

I get the whole-smoking-cigars-when-playing-poker thing. I've done it plenty of times. However, smoking cigars while playing poker, while enjoyable, isn't a necessity, while not catching hypothermia kind of is. Get where I'm coming from? :)

Okay, see, now you're already starting to get ghetto, talking about having people over in a cold ass garage with some propane heater.

I get the whole-smoking-cigars-when-playing-poker thing. I've done it plenty of times. However, smoking cigars while playing poker, while enjoyable, isn't a necessity, while not catching hypothermia kind of is. Get where I'm coming from? :)

70+ = ghetto?

:gtfo:

We can use your house then.....

:D

KillJoy

My local cigar establishment has told me previously they would be willing to host a poker night for me. It's on the northside in Powell off of Sawmill Rd.

Anyone want me to look into it?

-Marc

They gonna allow alcohol?

They want a cut?

They allow $$$ game?

:confused:

KillJoy

AFAIK they allow alcohol (they also sell wine) and I dont think they want a cut so long as we buy some cigars.

I assume they know we would be playing with cash...

-Marc

AFAIK they allow alcohol (they also sell wine) and I dont think they want a cut so long as we buy some cigars.

I assume they know we would be playing with cash...

-Marc

I would be down with it.... as long as the buy in is low. $5 buyins are nice and make it not so bad when you lose :D

Texas Hold-Em makes for fun, even for card noobs.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

70+ = ghetto?

:gtfo:

We can use your house then.....

KillJoy

Yes, playing in a garage is usually ghetto, regardless of the temperature.

I don't have a house; I have an apartment. I would be glad to host a game, though I wouldn't allow smoking in my place.

Even MORE ghetto........

Might as well pull out the folding, AL and Nylon fabric lawn chairs, and play in the trailor porch.....

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

WTF are you talking about, dude? That because I don't want people smoking in my apartment - where neither my girlfriend nor I smoke, because, well, we don't fucking smoke - is considered ghetto? Seriously, are you one of those fucking retarded/militant people that thinks you should be allowed to smoke everywhere?

WTF are you talking about, dude? That because I don't want people smoking in my apartment - where neither my girlfriend and I don't smoke - is considered ghetto? Seriously, are you one of those fucking retarded/militant people that thinks you should be allowed to smoke everywhere?

Nope... I don't even smoke.

However, I offered up a place.... you cracked at it..... I cracked up....

KillJoy