Snow plow guys......

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

I know where there is a truck with a plow and spreader for 1800$. It is beat as fuck but it is a plow truck. The plow is decent enough to make it through the winter.

I just dont get it. Do you guys just drive around all day and ask people if you can plow when it snows, and then when it dose rape them, or is there a more advance sinence to it?

I just dont get it. Do you guys just drive around all day and ask people if you can plow when it snows, and then when it dose rape them, or is there a more advance sinence to it?

you have contracts that are set...you give them a salt price, 2-4 inch plow price,and 4 + plow price.....

but its not like you can just walk up and get good contracts...you have to know property managers usually. thats how i get most of my contracts.

How much coulld I get a cheap plow truck for?

the problem with cheap truck is, most people dont want some piece of shit plowing there property. I myself as a business owner have an image to uphold and I will not allow any rust bucket P.O.S. plow my lots...and Im not being an asshole, the customers are the ones that really dont want crappy trucks on their lots.

you have contracts that are set...you give them a salt price, 2-4 inch plow price,and 4 + plow price.....

but its not like you can just walk up and get good contracts...you have to know property managers usually. thats how i get most of my contracts.

Hmm Intresting. I may have to look into this. I spend alot of time with property mgrs.

Someone needs to talk to my work about getting a contract. The guys they currently have are worthless. 4 people crashed into the curb in our entrance here last night because they hadn't been out to address the ice in our parking lot.

If I was your "work" I would suggest some driving lessons and some eyeglasses, rather than getting a new crew for an "Entrance".

I was going to plow a couple of lots this winter, with skid steers and/or front-end loader by Easton. The contractor is willing to buy a box plow for the front of the Cat. Can anyone give me an idea how these contracts are writen up?.. also I won't be salting, I know thats the money maker.

first if you can get salt for $3 dollars a bag...let me know where. Last year I paid 2.95 per bag....this year I bought 3 semi loads at 3.65 per bag(totaling almost 3000 bags), thats how much salt prices went up...i charge anywhere from $20 to 25 per bag depending on the place. Last night was the 7th time I went out this year. People think that just because we dont get alot of snow we dont make money...its quite the opposite.

All you salt truck guys have to be making a killing. Spreading salt without having to plow, and contracts that were written most likely when fuel prices were high....talk about PROFIT!

my profit margin is very high when just salting because I can do everything with my own trucks and dont have to pay out to subcontractors.

I was going to plow a couple of lots this winter, with skid steers and/or front-end loader by Easton. The contractor is willing to buy a box plow for the front of the Cat. Can anyone give me an idea how these contracts are writen up?.. also I won't be salting, I know thats the money maker.

you are basically a subcontractor for him, therefore you will be making an hourly wage that you two come up with. Expect anywhere from $55-85 hr depending on experience....he prolly wont make you sign any kind of contract.