Toyota Truck Re-call

John Bruh

I'm selling my galant and have a guy wanting to trade me a 98 toyota tacoma. I know these truck had the recall for frame damage and buy backs, but what was the guidelines? Were the Reg. Cab trucks included (i know the ex-cabs were buy backs)

the truck is a reg cab 4x4

yeah i got off the phone with toyota. you had to do it before march when the announcment was made, they did pay 150%. But since the truck the guy wants to trade is a rebuilt title it cannot be turned in for the buy back.

oh well. if the frame isnt bad i will be getting a new beater!

http://a406.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/93/l_a0ade0f555754b49419fffa5da8428fd.jpg

Beat on it with a hammer,they usually rust from the inside out and the older ones (1984-1988) it was back at the bend by the rear axle.I've parted out many that were rusted in that same place.When I worked for Toyota we actually welded on "reinforcement" plates on the 2wd frames when the were new.Is it a 4 cyl or 6?

Check the frame where the front of the leaf spring connects. This is where the majority were the worst.

That said, many other trucks from the same year which spent their life in this area will likely be just as bad. Toyota went above and beyond on this warranty extension. I've owned trucks with much worse damage than what they are buying back.

Check the frame where the front of the leaf spring connects. This is where the majority were the worst.

That said, many other trucks from the same year which spent their life in this area will likely be just as bad. Toyota went above and beyond on this warranty extension. I've owned trucks with much worse damage than what they are buying back.

BS. The guy I know, his truck was cared for, 77k miles, and had rust down ALL of the frame rail.

It had 3 years more on it than my Avalanche, but at the time, about 35k LESS miles. Yet we compared frames, and there isn't a single sign, or even a hit of, any frame rot. And mine has seen plenty of salt.