PPC Fusion

BradyPPC

Here are some before and after pics of a 09 Ford Fusion V6 SE that I just picked up. Jason over at Chapman Ford in Marysville took really good care of me on the price of the car as well as on the trade in. He was great to work with and I will definitely see him down the road when it is time to get another vehicle.

I basically wanted something that got good gas mileage, could haul the family around, and I could use to show what we can do in the shop. The car is pretty sporty to start with but kind of just gets lost in the crowd. I really wanted to sport it up a little and give it a little bit more of an aggressive appearance yet keep it subtle enough that my wife would want to drive it. I started with a 3dcarbon body kit followed Black Chrome American Racing wheels wrapped in 245/30/20 Nitto Neo Gen tires. I then smoked the front corner lenses and removed all of the badging, short of the Ford emblems. From there I threw a SCT XCal3 on in order to take care of the stupid throttle lag that is so common on the newer drive by wire vehicles. The car drives really nice and has a really nice crisp throttle response now.

The next thing on the agenda is to take care of the interior as well as get the car on the dyno to work on the power numbers a little. I should have some interior pics in a couple of weeks. Basically, I am redoing the seats in black leather with light grayish suede and then carrying over the suede theme into the door panel inserts as well.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/DSC02107-1-1.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/DSC02110-1.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/DSC02114-1.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/DSC02118-1.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/DSC02120-1.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/DSC02122-1.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/DSC02129-1.jpg

That front lip looks tacky. Not diggin the rims on the car either. They might look better if the car was lowered.

Well, you know what they say about opinions....

Car looks amazing in person. Pics don't do it justice.

Opinion, You have got to have about another inch to an inch and a half of room befor that tire hits the shock/spring mount. Fill that gap please rubber band tires not sexy. Taller tire smoother ride.

Then you can drop it an inch and it will look very nice.

Kinda looks gangster right now.. Im just sayin....

Since you do own PPC tell Scotty to rip open the tails and have the chrome sprayed with black chrome along with the grill it would really bring the whole car together in my eyes.

But its your do with it what you want.

Opinion, You have got to have about another inch to an inch and a half of room befor that tire hits the shock/spring mount. Fill that gap please rubber band tires not sexy. Taller tire smoother ride.

Then you can drop it an inch and it will look very nice.

Kinda looks gangster right now.. Im just sayin....

Since you do own PPC tell Scotty to rip open the tails and have the chrome sprayed with black chrome along with the grill it would really bring the whole car together in my eyes.

But its your do with it what you want.

Overall, I am very happy with how the car sits. There is about 3/4" clearance between the tire and spring mount but I definitely wouldnt go any taller on the tire. I really wanted to stick with 18" wheels but I couldnt find anything that I liked so I settled for the 20"s. The car still rides great. Obviously you can feel a little bit more of the road through the tires but it is very minor. If I decide to lower it, it wouldnt be until the spring or summer, I just havent made my mind up on that yet.

The car really does look alot different in person. The pictures dont really do it justice. The stock grill has kind of a darker tint to it already and matches the wheels almost dead on. I do like the idea of the smoked tails but I am content with the car where it is at.

One of the things that I have learned over the years is to do the vehicle how you want it. Some people will like it, others will hate it. It is all about enjoying owning the car. I personally like to have things one off. I dont want a cookie cutter car but I want it to look like it could be original. It is cool when someone climbs in a vehicle and knows something has changed from stock but they cant quite put their finger on it. That is what makes it fun for me.

That's not true, just look at the front lip.. I don't care what it was attached to, it would degrade it.

PS: BMW & Mercedes are cool too... :p

I can see if I can get one for your Audi!! Just kidding. The light reflecting from the different body line angles makes the front lip stick out more in the pics than it does in real life. I have had more than one person think that the whole front bumper was swapped and at least one of those persons has a pretty good eye for detail.

To all of those that had something nice to say, I appreciate it. To those that dont like it, I am okay with that as well. Not every has the same likes and tastes and I can appreciate that as well.

All of the leather and suede came in for it today, so I am hoping to get it knocked out over the weekend or sometime next week. The tough part is that customers vehicles always come first.

That's not true, just look at the front lip.. I don't care what it was attached to, it would degrade it.

PS: BMW & Mercedes are cool too... :p

Jones, I just noticed that the front of your car has an "Edsel Vagina" look to it:)

I'm sure it's a nice car though...

Holy shit...I am surprised by how good that Fusion looks!

Great eye, man...the car looks really nice! :thumbup:

EDIT: Only problem I see is that the tires are stretched a little bit...those precious wheels are going to get road rash/bends too quickly, methinks... :(

Holy shit...I am surprised by how good that Fusion looks!

Great eye, man...the car looks really nice! :thumbup:

EDIT: Only problem I see is that the tires are stretched a little bit...those precious wheels are going to get road rash/bends too quickly, methinks... :(

Thanks!!