Obama planning to scrap the shuttle replacement?

RedRocket1647545505

I suppose you believe the dire world economy is Bushy's fault?

I agree! Considering all Bush has been doing is trying to push bailing out failed banks and now car companies. I'm no political/financial genius but I know it takes a little more than a President and a SMALL war on Terror to put one of the greatest countries in the world into a recession of this size. Especially considering practically EVERYTHING is taking a hit.

I've been following this since the first mention of his advisers visiting NASA. The article misrepresents what is actually going on.... by that I mean it's horse shit and is blowing things out of proportion.

-The transition team is trying to find ways to save money.

-NASA is intensely defensive of their products and have "puffed their chests" very large over this.

I personally think that the white house should stay the fuck out of NASA's buisness. Just sign the check.

Exactly. It's not as it sounds. The only part I disagree with your last statement. I believe NASA's become bogged down in red tape and overspending like every other thing government. Know what the real kicker is? They are supposedly not a government facility. Yet, they've become so entrenched, you can't tell the difference. I'm more interested in public and private companies, new ones, like those who competed for the X-Prize.

Where does education rank for you? :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the federal government needs to stay out of education. They think to much about the big picture, and forget all the little stuff. You can not make effective changes to the education system country wide. The education system should be completely taken care of at a local level, at most the state level. At a lower level you can find id the problems easier and fix them.

As someone else said fixing the school system starts first by fixing the problem children have at home. Putting federal regulations do not help all the way down to that level.