Host change at Top Gear Australia

ImUrOBGYN

For those of you who watch it:

It's just been announced that musician James Morrison will replace Charlie Cox as the lead host of Top Gear Australia for the show's second season. The change was supposedly due to Charlie Cox having too many media and business commitments, but some say he was simply fired, due to his arguably poor performance as a host.

Top Gear Australia bombed ratingwise, being the least watched show in it's timeslot every night apart from the first two episodes. A few polls revelased that Cox was indeed the weakest and the least loved presenter of the show.

“My time on Top Gear Australia was very special and it was a fantastic opportunity to be part of launching an extraordinary series. Sadly, though, I’ve lived in the UK for the past 19 years and I’m not able to give the time I want to Series Two. It seems best to leave the show and I wish James all the best in joining the two best blokes in Australian television -Warren Brown and Steve Pizzati,” Cox said.

James Morrison, 46, a known petrolhead, appeared on Top Gear Australia as a Star in a Reasonably Priced Car in episode six.

RRY? I kinda liked Charlie but didn't like the others.

I'm not real fond of the cartoon artist guy. I didn't mind Charlie too much, but I really didn't think he was that great of a host, either. I think the biggest problem is that they're trying to do the EXACT same thing as the UK TG. That show and it's hosts are too good to compete with on an even level. TG Aus needs to keep with the basic formula, but make it their own. As is stands, it almost seems like a cheap knockoff. Like Top Gear Korea or some shit. ;)