TT Lexus IS-F dyno

Aaron

Is this thing possibly supercharged as well because of the rediculous whinning noise? Cause it's definitley not coming from the dyno because the only noise I hear it making is a chhhhhhhh noise like the dyno has a bov or something? wtf! :p

You are probably hearing the gear /chain whine.......

Here is clip from a B6 4.2 S4....they are especially loud due to the PTO shaft that runs back to the front of the engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXi7JExDYo

Weeeeeeeeeeee

hmmm, pull 3 sounded long as hell

I think it mentioned did a couple 130 and 150mph pulls. Anyone else notice the throttle blips on the way down? Or how many gears? Or the fact it's an auto? I watched a program on the creation and manufacture of the IS-F. I like.

I had more than a few people ask if my dads b6 s4 was supercharged because of the whine. My dad and I both miss that car.

B6's are DIRT cheap right now. I was going to wait until someone sells a A S/C B7 S4 and grab it. But I think the way prices are dropping an RS4 or S6 will be the next toy.

:nod:

B6's are DIRT cheap right now. I was going to wait until someone sells a A S/C B7 S4 and grab it. But I think the way prices are dropping an RS4 or S6 will be the next toy.

:nod:

Indeed they are. You can get some non CPOd ones for under 20k easily.

I saw a C6 S6 at Petsmart at Polaris........god I love those cars. It would be a fantastic replacement for the D2 S8 down the road ;) And the RS4 is on a short list of cars for me in about 2/3 years. Should be about 30k by then, most 2007s are hovering around 50k now.

The VF supercharger looks awesome, but I don't know if I would want to risk it on a such an expensive engine.........

Its called M mode. rpm match on down shifts on the isf, We have had like 10 at work I have driving one on a dyno for lexus training class. fun car and its 416 bhp 61500 fully loaded

I think it mentioned did a couple 130 and 150mph pulls. Anyone else notice the throttle blips on the way down? Or how many gears? Or the fact it's an auto? I watched a program on the creation and manufacture of the IS-F. I like.

Engine and the car was designed by the head lexus is300 and now the 250/350 lexus engineer in his spare time. THe goal of the car is to be for lexus Enthusist and not to marketed against anything else

They are nice, but I would take a new M3 or RS4 instead.

I think the engine is made by Yamaha, on the IS-F.

Engine and the car was designed by the head lexus is300 and now the 250/350 lexus engineer in his spare time. THe goal of the car is to be for lexus Enthusist and not to marketed against anything else

If you think it wasn't made to combat the RS4, M3 and C63, you are kidding yourself. True, it attracks the Lexus enthusiast because they had no model on that performance level. Yes maxing out a model is always the goal for those type of cars, but it is indeed a direct competitor for the above cars.

The IS-F is priced much better than all 3 competitors, but the Lexus name, along with the Auto only means it appeals to the Mercedes/Lexus crowd more than the Audi/BMW crowd.

Great car either way, besides the rediculous tail pipe finishers. :confused:

Its called M mode. rpm match on down shifts on the isf, We have had like 10 at work I have driving one on a dyno for lexus training class. fun car and its 416 bhp 61500 fully loaded

Allow me to elaborate a bit. I know the answers to all my questions. :p I was trying to get others to ask themselves. I had planned on coming back and posting some info, but you've beat me to some of it, already. :)