Wrong-Way I-270 Driver Didn't Have Driver's License

dragknee66

Wrong-Way I-270 Driver Didn't Have Driver's License

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Investigators said Friday that the man who caused chaos by driving the wrong way along Interstate 270 on Christmas morning may be a Mexican national who was using a phony Ohio identification.

Altunar Baltazar remained in critical condition on Friday at The Ohio State University Medical Center, 10TV News reported.

Franklin County sheriff's deputies said that Baltazar, 24, was driving drunk when he traveled for six miles along I-270 on the city's south side and caused several crashes.

According to investigators, Baltazar did not have a valid driver's license, 10TV's Paul Aker reported.

Deputies said that Baltazar turned the wrong way onto I-270 on the city's south side, at Alum Creek Drive, at about 10:13 a.m. Thursday. He drove west, in the eastbound lanes, before crashing near the ramp to I-71.

"We do suspect alcohol as a factor in the crash," said Sgt. Carl Hickey of the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said that they received several calls about a white Nissan Maxima that was heading westbound in the eastbound lanes, running vehicles off the road. Six minutes later, the Maxima collided with five other vehicles and sent six people, including Baltazar, to hospitals.

None of the names of the injured were released by deputies.

10 Investigates obtained several 911 calls that were made to police during the incident.

"There's this freaking nut - he's driving crazy on the freeway," a 911 caller said. "He's already driven three cars off the (expletive) road."

Before the crash, deputies said that Baltazar caused another crash along I-270 that was less serious.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for continuing coverage.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/12/26/story_wrong_way_folo.html?sid=102

Why am I just NOT shocked by these stories anymore?

I hate to say it... but maybe now someone will do something about illegals driving when they shouldnt be.

I actually got this call and followed behind a car matching this cars description with 2 other units.. call ended up being unfounded when we heard the car wrecked out on 270 further down the road the opposite way.

Reason 4,565,756,564 to lock down the boarders and tell them to keep the fuck out.

You seem to have accidentally omitted the use of deadly force. Nothing sends the message like watching your buddy take a shotgun blast.

/monty python/ RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! / monty python/

"remained in critical condition on Friday at The Ohio State University Medical Center"

So not only is he: here illegally, driving without a license, and drunk; but now I've gotta pay for his medical bills, too?

I'm starting to hate this country.

On the positive side... the ICE task force is now ACTIVELY deporting illegals that get arrested.

Arrest illegal

Slate illegal

Fax U10-100 to ICE team

DEPORT.

PROFIT.

wait for them to come back in less than a week...true story

fixed.