Bersa

HotCarl

Bersa used to make JUNK. I mean Raven/Lorsen quality stuff years back. They really improved and now in my book they're an A+. I don't own one because I just never got into them, but if I only had chump change, I'd buy one. I consider them to be just as reliable as CZs, Glocks and AK47s. I don't normally give such ringing endorsements, but that Thunder 380 is hard to argue against, especially like Scott says... with the new Critical Defense ammo. I liked their nine model as well, but I have no experience with the 45. We have one at work, but it's the first one I have handled. I wouldn't see any reason for it to be anything less than the Thunder 380 line-up. I took it apart and closely checked fit and was impressed.

Thanks for chiming in. My oldest brother is STILL looking for a 9 or .40. I'll let him know about this one.

BTW, i was going to come in and see you today but you guys closed a bit too early. I needed a ccw holster for my glock 26. Ended up going to powderroom, they're selection was a bit slim though.

Hotcarl, I usually have Saturdays off and work on Sundays instead. Thanks for trying, though.

My 342PD weighs in at 11.7 oz-- I know what the stats say it is, but that's what she weighed empty on two different scales. She's not black, but she is lightweight! I will say when I was doing more 357 shooting, I was using a some wooden grips I made. They were a lot slicker coming out of the pocket and absorbed some of the recoil. I also have a MP340PD and a MP360PD and those are a bit more on the hefty side and do not recoil quite as much. The light weight revolvers are definitely for the warriors who don't mind a little bite when sending some thunder love to the chosen target(s).

Truer words have never been spoken.

:(

Mitch Rosen makes NICE CCW Holsters...... just be prepared to open up that wallet.

KillJoy

I like Bell Charter Oaks, Don Hume and Mitch for most of my revolver stuff. I'm not so picky about my semi-autos.

Puss..... I fired the Bolt Action Model..... not that bad.....

:D

Had to pay the guy $2 though :(

KillJoy

Mostly due to the fact I've never put one together up until that point. I honestly never touched one up until that night. I put it together, locked in some API .50, and sighted in some water bottles with chem lights. First round out made the bottle disappear :)

I need another wheel gun.

I own a Bersa Thunder .380 and though I'm almost ALWAYS and advocate for 'You get what you pay for', this little gun throws that out the window. I can't comment on their past quality, but mine (which is only about a year old now) is of excellent quality for the money I paid for it ($180 new).

I would prefer it be a 9mm, but, I didn't buy it for a carry gun; mostly just to have because I like guns.