some winter mainteneance... mightyvac is the shiznit

88lx5oh

last night i got bored, and decided to change my oil and filter, drain and flush the coolant and put new in and attempt to flush and fill the brake system with new fluid. also put a nice coat of chain lube on. also wired up the quick disconnect for my battery tender. while i had the fairings off, i decided to clean the engine off as well, get some of the debris, chain wax, and oil residue off it.

oil change was a snap obviously.. added some Mobil 1 4T racing, and filter. flushed the coolant system with water, then added honda HP coolant (premixed 50/50), then changed out the brake fluid with some Motul racing fluid.

just topped the master cylinder off with new fluid, then started on the right front calliper with the mighty vac, got a good vacuum on it cracked the bleeder and sucked out a good bit, closed bleeder added more new fluid to reservoir and started over..did that on both sides till clean fluid was coming through. then topped off the reservoir at the end. did the same for the rear. really was alot easier than i thought it was going to be, figured id get air in the lines at some point, but luckily i didnt. brakes are nice and firm!

gotta replace the rear pads, but they are on the way. im thinking about an HID kit as well, but i dont know.. i ordered a set for my friend r6 so after i see his in the bike vs. my stock lighting ill decide. i will also be wiring up an all weather 12 volt plug to keep my phone charged on the bike (since ill be making a mount for it, ill be using it for my GPS/MP3 player/sirius radio/phone through my chatterbox), and this week im gonna go get a new front tire.

id also like to add a nice smoked DB windscreen before spring. so much to do and want lol!

you guys have any winter projects for the bike?

cant wait for some warm weather.

you guys have any winter projects for the bike?

cant wait for some warm weather.

My plans so far are to get the engine out of your garage and to the mechanic, if he ever makes the time. I may just find someone else that can get it in sooner. Then we can get that bike finished up. I still haven't decided If I am keeping the new one or not yet. I'm thinking about selling both Harleys and putting it towards a vette. Ill have to bring it over the next time the weather breaks and show you. Its mint and fast (for a Harley). I can't wait for warm weather either.

My plans so far are to get the engine out of your garage and to the mechanic, if he ever makes the time. I may just find someone else that can get it in sooner. Then we can get that bike finished up. I still haven't decided If I am keeping the new one or not yet. I'm thinking about selling both Harleys and putting it towards a vette. Ill have to bring it over the next time the weather breaks and show you. Its mint and fast (for a Harley). I can't wait for warm weather either.

If you have projects going on I want details and pics in the project management section.:p

well the only thing left right now on my bike is the wheels and they are going to come off to get them redone from where i fucked them up with grease lighting but im waiting on my crank to come back so i can put my motor back together with the h-bean rods and the back cut trannying

Damn son how fast are you trying to make that bitch?

my bike should of ran close to what the red and black 1 did at the track rentle but with the wheel base ans shot was safe last year on stock rods he was pushing his but mine going to be langer and more spray this year with all new clutch basket in basket and all im not trying to guess why bike was bucking really bad

if u lesson the progressive box didnt turn the spray on till 4th gear from where mike couldnt get on the button till after the bike acked right