learn me xbox 360

99ta

wife just bought an arcade model for my birthday (I know I am way behind). Couple questions:

can I play my old xbox game?

how do I get xbox live?

I much memory do I "really" need (I will play sports and wars game only)

anything else I need?

Thanks, Eric

You have to have a harddrive for, live, backwards compatability, and general sweetness. That should be your first purchase. You can get the xbox live starter packs that come with like 3 months of live, a 60gb harddrive, and a headset for like $100.

I got an xbox as well but it wont play older xbox games I received with it. I was told I need an emulator or something?

You have to have an internet connection and harddrive. When you put the game in, if there is an emulator for it, it will automatically download it.

That makes sense sort of. Once its downloaded the emulator, I only have to do that once and then I am done? Or do I have to do it each time I want to play these games? Can I connect it to my wireless router?

Yep, you just download it once. Be warned, some games work better than others, meaning some games will be slightly glitchy. Also you can connect to your wireless router, you just have to buy a wireless adapter.

So I have to pay for live? I thought the silver membership was free? do I need a hard drive? like I said I will only be playing sports, racing and war games.

A silver membership is free, that's also all you need to play your old xbox games, but you still need a harddrive. I could be persuaded to get a 60gb harddrive and transfer all my old stuff to it, and sell you my 20gb harddrive.

So I have to pay for live? I thought the silver membership was free? do I need a hard drive? like I said I will only be playing sports, racing and war games.

should have gotten a ps3 online is free! any bluetooth headset can be paired and your set. btw I met your brother last weekend he's cool as hell

PS3 online gaming is poo poo.

XBox has a deal going on for 30 dollars you get a 20g hard drive, and 3 months xbox live gold. Get on their site and look.

The 20g will be enough memory for you.

That I didn't know. That is a good deal, definitely check that out.

PS3 online gaming is poo poo.

XBox has a deal going on for 30 dollars you get a 20g hard drive, and 3 months xbox live gold. Get on their site and look.

The 20g will be enough memory for you.

your on drugs! I had a 360 for about 5 months and sold it tired of all the additional cost down the road, the ps3 isn't that bad online! plus its all bluetooth at no additional cost and the online play is free no subscription fee's plus the built in blu-ray player

your on drugs! I had a 360 for about 5 months and sold it tired of all the additional cost down the road, the ps3 isn't that bad online! plus its all bluetooth at no additional cost and the online play is free no subscription fee's plus the built in blu-ray player

And everyone that plays PS3 online sucks at the games they play. There is no competition, half the people don't use head sets.

And everyone that plays PS3 online sucks at the games they play. There is no competition, half the people don't use head sets.

not all of the world lives on the internet 24-7, some of us actually leave our house and function in society

Oh, for all of you people that did not know, you actually get 3 or 4 free x box live one month free trials. You have to make a name each time, but either way it's still free if you are low on cash.

Just create a new profile name, go through all the set up stuff, and at the end of it keep the silver membership. It will tell you that you have a free one month available. Each 360 console allows this. It's 3 or 4 of them. Just an FYI.

It depends on the person for memory. When I had my box I had 9g left of room, but all I played was NHL 08 and COD4, and I had a few arcade games like Worms and stuff. The new stuff they added to xbox may take a lot more memory now than what it used to, but I'm still going to say you should be fine.

ok, I am confused. I thought the silver membership was free? I would I pay $50 per year when the basic is free? I am not a big gamer, just may want to get online to play COD or something. so the hard drive is necessary. I will check out that deal on the site, thanks.

Silver is free but it does not allow you to play games online. You have to get gold membership.

Since you want to play just a little, make a new account for online every time the one you were using runs out. You will lose all of your accomplishments from your old profile, but it's still free for 4 times.

Spend the 50 and get a years worth if you can though.

ok, I am confused. I thought the silver membership was free? I would I pay $50 per year when the basic is free? I am not a big gamer, just may want to get online to play COD or something. so the hard drive is necessary. I will check out that deal on the site, thanks.

Silver IS free. But silver is only for downloading demos, content, etc. To actually play against other people you need to get gold. It's totally worth it. A few of my buddies were nervous about getting it because they said they didn't play much, but once they got it they were hooked. They absolutely love it now.