need subaru help...head gasket blew

undr_psi

my moms 97 outback blew a head gasket a few days ago and from what I've heard it takes special tools and what not, so I'm not gunna jump into this one. Im calling in a favor from our beloved CR sponsors. If anyone is willing to help me and and tackle this job just shoot me a PM with a ballpark est. thanks again for your help in advance.

well i had it looked at by a friend thats a mastertech and the head gasket is what we came up with..the car runs fine with out over heating till you drive it the it blows all the coolant out of the radiator cap..but ive never worked on a subaru before so im not 100% certain..it doesnt leak anything but im not really sure of what im doing on this one..thanks again for the replies

Guest Removed
sounds like a cracked block to me..i have been thru it. another tech at a shop i used to work at did haedgaskets, radiator,wp so on and it still did that. seems on those the block cracks in the lower half very faint into a coolant passage. 2 subby guys i knew back in the day confirmed it.