turn signal clicker

Reed44

Thanks and does dash have to come apart? Sounds like its on the right side by the speaker in the dash.

Generally it's not the clicker itself, but rather the switch in the column as stated. Replace the switch with a known good unit and see where that gets you.

I don't know specifically what you'd be dealing with, but it's usually nothing more than taking the covers off the column, unplug the turn signal switch, and replace the old with new and reassemble.

The clicking is coming from the right side on the dash and the turn signal still clicks on and off but the tick-tick-tick thing wont stop unless you hit the brake pedal.

We understand that.

The clicker only does what the switch tells it to. It's not going to click unless it's getting a voltage from the turn signal switch. If the switch is faulty or shorting your clicker will click. Replace the switch and be done with it :)

You can get a wheel puller for like 10 bucks at advance. Get some snap ring pliers and you'd be set.

I'd search some Bravada forums and I'm sure someone has written up a walkthrough on it.

The switch on my Lumina was right around $100, depending on if you have Radio controls on your wheel or not.

You can get a wheel puller for like 10 bucks at advance. Get some snap ring pliers and you'd be set.

I'd search some Bravada forums and I'm sure someone has written up a walkthrough on it.

The switch on my Lumina was right around $100, depending on if you have Radio controls on your wheel or not.

Not sure why the radio controls would matter on the turn signals, maybe the clock spring.:confused:

You have to pull the steering wheel on a GM to get the switch out as it goes all the way around the column. This is really the most likely cause of your problem.

I forgot we're dealing with a GM :lol:

Not as easy as I would expect.

Not sure why the radio controls would matter on the turn signals, maybe the clock spring.:confused:

Because the radio wheel controls plug into the turn signal harness that feeds down the column. I've torn my apart 3 times. If you get the switch that doesn't have radio controls and you have the controls, it won't plug in ;). Ask me how i know :(

Guest Removed
You have to pull the steering wheel on a GM to get the switch out as it goes all the way around the column. This is really the most likely cause of your problem.

remember some of the newer ones just bolt to the side of the column. not sure on this one. to lazy to look it up on alldata at the moment

Guest Removed
True, but I haven't seen much of these.........yet.

i swear i just did a 98 s-10 that was that way. but the aftermarket one didnt have the right wires on it. had to get one from the dealer @$180:mad:

let me go check alldata

brb

Guest Removed

ha thought so

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/78787431.gif

cake man. pull the plastic off the column and un screw it! harness bolts together under the dash