List of unusual deaths

Sturg1647545502

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths

415: Hypatia of Alexandria, Greek mathematician and philosopher, was murdered by a mob by having her skin ripped off with sharp sea-shells and what remained of her burned. (Various types of shells have been named: clams, oysters, abalones. Other sources claim tiles or pottery-shards were used.)[

This one is at home guys... IDK if I remember this or not.

2002: Brittanie Cecil, an American 13-year-old hockey fan, died two days after being struck in the head by a hockey puck at a game between the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Calgary Flames at Nationwide Arena. [109]

2008: Gerald Mellin, a U.K. businessman, committed suicide by tying one end of a rope around his neck and the other to a tree. He then hopped into his Aston Martin DB7 and drove down a main road in Swansea until the rope decapitated him. He supposedly did this as an act of revenge against his ex-wife for leaving him.

This one is at home guys... IDK if I remember this or not.

2002: Brittanie Cecil, an American 13-year-old hockey fan, died two days after being struck in the head by a hockey puck at a game between the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Calgary Flames at Nationwide Arena. [109]

Yeah, I remember that - it's now the reason why the NHL has nets that extend above the top of the plexiglass behind the goalkeepers (so as to prevent errant shots like that from careening into the crowd).

This seems like the opposite of a great way to die.

1514: György Dózsa, székely man-at-arms and peasants' revolt leader in Hungary, was condemned to sit on a red-hot iron throne with a red-hot iron crown on his head and a red-hot sceptre in his hand (mocking at his ambition to be king), by Hungarian landed nobility in Transylvania. While Dózsa was still alive, he was set upon and his partially roasted body was eaten by six of his fellow rebels, who had been starved for a week beforehand.

Yeah, I remember that - it's now the reason why the NHL has nets that extend above the top of the plexiglass behind the goalkeepers (so as to prevent errant shots like that from careening into the crowd).

Yeah, the kid was a girl too.

1601: Tycho Brahe, according to legend, died of complications resulting from a strained bladder at a banquet. It would have been extremely bad etiquette to leave the table before the meal was finished, so he stayed until he became fatally ill. This version of events has since been brought into question as other causes of death (murder by Johannes Kepler, suicide, and mercury poisoning among others) have come to the fore.
TYCHO BRAHE

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Tycho_Brahe.JPG

=

WILFORD BRIMLEY

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/images/thumb/a/a1/Wilford-brimley.jpg/270px-Wilford-brimley.jpg

diabeetus. discuss

1987: Budd Dwyer, the State Treasurer of Pennsylvania, committed suicide during a televised press conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Facing a potential 55-year jail sentence for alleged involvement in a conspiracy, Dwyer shot himself in the mouth with a revolver.

That video still creeps me out to watch.

1987: Budd Dwyer, the State Treasurer of Pennsylvania, committed suicide during a televised press conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Facing a potential 55-year jail sentence for alleged involvement in a conspiracy, Dwyer shot himself in the mouth with a revolver.

That video still creeps me out to watch.

Shit load of blood poured out in that video.

2001: Gregory Biggs, a homeless man in Fort Worth, Texas, was struck by the car of Chante Jawan Mallard, who had been drinking and taking drugs that night. Biggs' torso became lodged in Mallard's windshield with severe but not immediately fatal injuries. Mallard drove home and left the car in the garage with Biggs still in the windshield. She repeatedly visited the man and even apologized. Biggs died of his injuries several hours later.[107] The film Stuck is loosely based on this unusual death.[108]

Eeeeeewwww.

were can one find the video of that guy at the press confrence?

i still think that the death by the russian hammer was worse.

heres the link, the sight is very nsfw, as well as the video. very grusom click at own risk.

http://theync.com/media.php?name=6826-shocking-man-is-murdered