my repower project

flippy1974

That is fucking awesome.

One of these days I'm builing a C10 with either a Duramax or a Cummins.

thanks man , im loving it . i wanted to go with the duramax , but the wiring and $ it just wasnt woth it and with the cummins there always good motors . i found the hole truck for 1500 with a bad trannny that had been siting for 4 years .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well i guess i let some #s out , keep in mind i have injectors and fuel pin left . i have them so i just have to get back down there and dyno it with them in the . the motor was rated at the crank 160 hp and 426 tq from the factory , it put down 278 rwhp 718 rwtq . its alittle lower than i was shooting for but i think we will still be ok for my goals after the injectors and fuel pin .

and a big thanks to blue for the late night and all the help . and a big thanks to smoke ( aka dee ) to for all the work and late night

i also have a 3200 gov spring to put in to get rid of the 2500 gov spring .

well the final #s are in the first one is alittle n/x ( i might put a real kit on it and try it 1 more time ) , 2cnd one is a motor run .

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/flippy1974z28/truck%20and%20trailer/dyno%20runs%20truck/truck398hp918tq.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/flippy1974z28/truck%20and%20trailer/dyno%20runs%20truck/truck313hp835tq.jpg

yea the old ve pump is alot harder to make power than the p pump . what i can tell hp is about right for the ve pump vs tq , about the only way i can get anymore out of it is go with alot bigger turbo and then it will be harder to use it as a tow pig with that big of a turbo thats why i went with a HX35/HX40 setup , plus i would have to swap a p pump in it to be streetable .