Aftermarket TPMS

mmrmnhrm

Going to have all four tires replaced in the next week or two, and looking for suggestions on which systems are good and which suck, since now's the perfect time to add one.

Also, anybody know if NTB will install tires I buy somewhere else if they don't carry the ones I pick?

1. So that if pressure starts dropping while I'm driving, I know to slow down before I have a blowout.

2. So that I have another mechanism to pull information from when sussing out what could be affecting efficiency.

3. I run my tires 10% over max sidewall already, and knowing how much additional pressure is developed while driving would be quite useful from a design safety margin view.

4. Because I'm a lazy ass rat bastard who doesn't like kneeling in the slush to check pressure in the winter.

Well, decided to skip it on this tire swap and save for something with a little more sparkle, but to answer in turn...

Will: Yes, but you do see a wiggles in the pressure and temp before it happens. This system watches temp, too.

Shawn: It wasn't an option on mine (the only choice I had was with or without GPS nav).

SP: I typically run mine at 48psi (10% overfill... breaking in this set at 40, will raise after about 2000 miles or so), but from what I could see, you can tell the Orange system what your setpoint is, and it goes from there.