lighter trigger spring.

kawi kid

im taking my ccw class in feb with my dad and uncle for some family bonding and im gonna be using my smith & wesson .40 cal. my question is what can i do about the heavy heavy trigger pull. i was trying to find a spring kit or something. i know the best way is shoot it more. but being winter i cant quite head out and shoot right now.

thanks

im taking my ccw class in feb with my dad and uncle for some family bonding and im gonna be using my smith & wesson .40 cal. my question is what can i do about the heavy heavy trigger pull. i was trying to find a spring kit or something. i know the best way is shoot it more. but being winter i cant quite head out and shoot right now.

thanks

don't they have forums for converting and maintaining handguns??

Yeah you can get lighter trigger springs. And just as an FYI, the trigger pull will not lighten the more you shoot it. You would have to put 100,000 rounds down the barrel before the spring started to show signs of lightening up on its own. If it gets to that point, the damn thing will break first.

thanks

You need some bigger hands. Or get a girls gun.

Then keep your finger off the trigger. Your finger should be no where near the trigger until you are ready to fire. A lighter spring has nothing to do with negligent discharges. (in my arrogant opinion)

of course... i didnt word it right. i have been reading if you lighten sometimes the gun wont fire. supposedly weakens the firing pin? i dunno im just going off some other forums i found with google. i know alot of people on here are way more knowledgable than me on this subject. and was just looking for a bit of help.